Skip to main content
Topic: redid my intake plaque (Read 1776 times) previous topic - next topic

redid my intake plaque

I got one of the HO plates Ive always wanted.  My friend gave it to me for free.:D

I repainted it and cleaned it up and put it on.  I think the red dot looks pretty good.
Mike

redid my intake plaque

Reply #1
Very nice.

What kind of steps did you take when painting? (specifically to get such sharp lines between the silver raised features and the black background)

redid my intake plaque

Reply #2
Paint it with whatever paint you want.  I just had some black hammerfinish laying around, so I used that.  Once done I sanded the plate to get the look on the letters.  Red touchup paint on the square dot. 

It is just raw alum for the raised areas, I put a couple coats of clear over it when all done.
Mike

redid my intake plaque

Reply #3
I like it , I like the Motorsport plate too;)
Fox-less at the moment

redid my intake plaque

Reply #4
Looks great !!!That's an '86 plate,the only year they made it.They are getting a little harder to find,and they sell pretty good.I have one in the garage I'm going to polish and install on the Sport.Good score,and again,great work........Now,for the other question...is your engine an H.O engine?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

redid my intake plaque

Reply #5
Quote from: vinnietbird;334812
is your engine an H.O engine?

Hee, Hee,..... maybe...maybe not. :shakeass:
Mike

redid my intake plaque

Reply #6
If so....sweet.

If not....we need to get that tended to asap.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

redid my intake plaque

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;334815
If so....sweet.

If not....we need to get that tended to asap.

I agree with Vinnie , especially now that mine is done :D
Fox-less at the moment

redid my intake plaque

Reply #8
Quote from: mcb82gt;334814

I like your style
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

redid my intake plaque

Reply #9
Quote from: daminc;334820
I like your style

You of all people would say something like that wouldn't you. :giggle:
88 Camaro RS - 355/TH350
87 Thunderbird Sport - 302 (351 going in)/AOD

redid my intake plaque

Reply #10
Quote from: mcb82gt;334814

I thought the HO was the designation for HO red interior...:rollin:

redid my intake plaque

Reply #11
Looks cool. I wonder what it'd have looked like done up in Ford blue?
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

redid my intake plaque

Reply #12
Quote from: Scott D;334831
Looks cool. I wonder what it'd have looked like done up in Ford blue?

I'll let you know this fall/winter ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

redid my intake plaque

Reply #13
Quote from: DeltaElite121;334823
You of all people would say something like that wouldn't you. :giggle:

I was going to use a standard intake plate myself, but I don't think anyone would believe it after I opened the hood.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

redid my intake plaque

Reply #14
I think I have about every style of them( 5.0 liter, 5.0 liter EFI, 5.0 liter HO, 87+ style) 

I like to change it up. :D  Great thing is all of them will fit my ExpGT40 upper.
Mike