Skip to main content
Topic: Wheels and tires needed (Read 981 times) previous topic - next topic

Wheels and tires needed

I am in need of 4 Fox-body wheels with tires that hold air in or around the Gaithersburg, MD area. These will be used on the car when they remove it (it's totaled) so I can sell the Enkei rims and Yokohama tires that are currently on it.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #1
I had my blue Bird up on blocks with no rear suspension or front tires.The flat bed hooked it up to a cable and drug it right up there without even breaking a sweat.It was going to the s yard anyway.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #2
Hmmm... I'll have to see about that. I'm guessing they'll want it to roll, but it might work...

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #3
I had a junker hauled out on 4 steel wheels with no tires. Same deal, they winched it up onto a flatbed no problem.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #4
I have a few sets, with and without tires. Shoot me a PM. I'm in zip code 20878.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #5
Bill is your car still in MD not here in TN?
Fox-less at the moment

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #6
Quote from: hypostang;333935
Bill is your car still in MD not here in TN?

Well, it was in Tennessee, but we took it to MD to visit. During this trip the rebuilt turbo decided to eat a seal. The good news is that there should now be no mosquitoes in Maryland at this point!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #7
Ahhh I see . Sorry to hear it's totaled
Fox-less at the moment

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #8
I'm telling you,those winches will pull the car without wheels as if it did have them.No worries.TRUUUUUUUUST MEEEEEEEEEE ...........LOL
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #9
what the heck happened that it is totaled?
John

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #10
Quote from: vinnietbird;333952
I'm telling you,those winches will pull the car without wheels as if it did have them.No worries.TRUUUUUUUUST MEEEEEEEEEE ...........LOL

Yes, but I am not so sure the insurance company will be too happy is it is wheel-less. Hmmm....

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #11
Quote from: hcor;333953
what the heck happened that it is totaled?

Not that much, but that is the way it goes with a car that isn't worth that much to begin with...

It was side swiped in a parking lot. The passenger quarter received only minor damage, while the door and fender are pretty much s. The estimate is for some $2500 and thus I am 95% sure they will total it (I haven't actually gotten official word). I am going to inquire as to the buy-back if anyone is interested in the car. It has a lot of good stuff on it, such as:

Stainless, mandrel bent 3" exhaust
Bob's Log
Rebuilt (but has needs) IHI turbo w/upgraded compressor
Good black(ish) cloth interior

I'll let everyone know once I get the buy-back price in case anyone is interested.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #12
Bill I am interested in the Buy back. Let me know when you find out please!
John

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #13
Got pics of it?Interior?

Wheels and tires needed

Reply #14
Quote from: hcor;333984
Bill I am interested in the Buy back. Let me know when you find out please!

Quote from: vinnietbird;333985
Got pics of it?Interior?

I'll let everyone know once I get things firmed up with the insurance company. Pics then too.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill