Skip to main content

Poll

YES OR NO?

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: September 05, 2010, 11:58:36 PM

Topic: 87 Thunderbird color (Read 2251 times) previous topic - next topic

87 Thunderbird color

Hey guys, Im about to paint my 87' and was wondering what color would look good on it. At the moment im thinking of matte/satin black with red racing stripes going from the hood all the way to the trunk. Tell me what you guys think and any suggestions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Dream LOL

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #1
black/red may give it a "rat rod" look. I like .. deff go with what you like.  I would love to see a grabber blue w/ white stripes.

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #2
Rarely do these cars look good like that in my own opinion.On occasion,but not often. I'd find a nice color that you like and apply that.In the end,it's your car,and you have to do what you think is right for yourself.These aren't rat rod vehicles.I think a Fox Stang can pull off that look a lot better than these can.Some people like the color of my car,some don't.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #3
Factory color.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #4
Mine looks like a rat rod now and I cannot wait to get glossy black paint on it...

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #5
Yeah, i sorta don't want my car to be a rat rod. I'm sorta thinking of white or red or both colors. HEHE i still have to do allot of body work but ill come to a decision.

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #6
Post a picture of your car (preferably a slighly higher view from the front) and I'll photoshop it for you. You just need to provide the details on what kind/style of stripes your going to use.
...and there was light!

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #7
Talk to "carpimp" I think he tried a few designs.lol. The one he did in blue and silver looks good.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #8
I took the front off but this should work i think?
Id just like 4" dual stripes that are in a red.

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #9
Stripes down the middle of these cars just look......well.....cheap and home-made.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #10
Yeah, my dads telling me to paint it a bright yellow or orange but I'm telling him its not a Lambo.

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #11
Go with the factory color,or a factory appearing color.As I've stated before,these cars are very picky. You can almost get away with anything on a Stang,but these cars....some colors just don't work.

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #12
Quote from: vinnietbird;333857
Go with the factory color,or a factory appearing color.As I've stated before,these cars are very picky. You can almost get away with anything on a Stang,but these cars....some colors just don't work.

...And stripes don't work well at all either. I have only seen one Tbird that I thought looked good with stripes... That one is always showing up in the rotating banner which is gray with silver over the top stripes.

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #13
Stripes on any car is gay! Leave that for the import groups. Satin Black is a cool look on our cars thou. Someone did it on the turbo coupe site. Looked good and mean.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

87 Thunderbird color

Reply #14
Quote from: 86caprirs;333880
Stripes on any car is gay! Leave that for the import groups. Satin Black is a cool look on our cars thou. Someone did it on the turbo coupe site. Looked good and mean.

Stripes will not ever end up on my Bird simply because I think they are out of character for the type of resto I am doing.

However, I am a fan of Mach 1 and Boss Mustangs and with my white 08 Stang I do want to break up the vast expanse of white on the hood. So I am trying to decide on the right hood stripe... But I do not want it to extend all the way to the front of the hood.