Skip to main content
Topic: My super secret but not as impressive as I thought idea (Read 3114 times) previous topic - next topic

My super secret but not as impressive as I thought idea

....hmmmm....

Well, I haven't attached it yet, but this is something I've been planning for a while now. Everytime I see one of the late model Sable's running around with these things on their ass I get jealous, well, I finally was able to pick one up at the JY and see how it looks.

Unfortunately there is much more curve to it than I had hoped, but I still think its worth throwing on there.

I saw a thread from a while back that the apparently dreaded *84fila* had started about how there were no ford emblems on his bird, and people were like "hey man, I don think my car needs a badge man... its too cool to have badges maaaaaaannnn"

Well, I think I nice big ass chrome Mercury badge is just what my car needs.

Opinions?
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2
That sir, would appear to be a "sticker"
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #4
Here's my opinion-Do not put that thing on your car!!!

Thank You

Reply #5
If he thinks he needs a nice big ass curved chrome piece hanging off of the back of the Cougar, who are we to argue? The Merc logo is very small though. Do you like the logo or the length and shape of this chrome trim, or something else about it?
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

Reply #6
I vote no. If you have to molest it, use one of the Grand Marquis trunk lock covers with the logo on it.

Reply #7
Seeing it on the Sables it looked really nice there, but it appeared to be a straight piece. I fugured it would fit nicely in that little ridge above the trunk lock and between the edge. However, when I put it up against the cougar trunk it has way more curve than I thought it did, which really ruins the look. So, I'm rather unsure of whether I want it. Doesn't look right against the hard lines. I'm just not feeling it anymore really. Its actually really disappointing.

--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #8
The only Ford logo or badging on my 83 is on the door sills....same thing on my 70 Torino also.....and i always get the same dumb "is that a Ford" questions for both cars.....

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #9
Put that piece of trim down and step away from it.It looks fine on what it was meant for.not the Cougar.I've stated this many times....these cars are VERY picky about mods externally.They don't accept much.Mustangs....sure.Our cars are a little more finicky for a good reason.You'll thank us in the end for not using it.All love Brutha.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #10
What an optical illusion, that thing looked pretty straight on the Sable.  Weird.

As all the others, I say no go on the car.  Hang it on your garage wall.
Mike

Reply #11
I'm going to check the "Strongly Disagree" box on that one.

Or as Bill Lumberg would say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75VmA7mZxxs
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #12
Yeah, I agree as well, it just doesn't "flow" with the lines of the car.

The trunk lock cover might be just right though, understated, but there for the eyes to see.... ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #13
You will probably the only one with it on!. I badged a citation one time with ford ovels, and really messed with people's heads.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #14
Quote from: Kitz Kat;333758
You will probably the only one with it on!. I badged a citation one time with ford ovels, and really messed with people's heads.

I did the same thing with a 77 Malibu back in 1986:D
Fox-less at the moment