Skip to main content
Topic: Interior floor carpet (Read 1907 times) previous topic - next topic

Interior floor carpet

I'm looking to switch the color on my interior floor carpet to black to match the headliner and door panels

Anybody have any recommendations on what to use???
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Interior floor carpet

Reply #1
Amazingly, I have seen pretty  decent results with Krylon spray bombs.
 It stiffens the fabric for a while when it is first done, but it softens up after a while .
Fox-less at the moment

Interior floor carpet

Reply #2
No painting.  The carpet I have is original andhas had it's fair share of stains to include gear oil in the back -- lots of it.  It took quite a bit of work to remove the smell a few years back and it never quite came back to the original color. 

I can assume carpet cut for a fox Mustang will not fit correctly in an 87 Cougar, correct?

If it will that's great, but it never seems to be that easy for us....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Interior floor carpet

Reply #3
mustang carpet wont fit .
 I think I saw NEW carpet on Evil Bay for around $100
Fox-less at the moment

Interior floor carpet

Reply #5
Nice find ;)

If there's one website I suck at finding stuff on, it's ebay.

Interior floor carpet

Reply #6
Paul, I came across this place the other day.
http://www.stockinteriors.com/items.asp?MakeId=18&ModelId=282&MainCatId=1&Desc=Mercury_Cougar_Carpet
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Interior floor carpet

Reply #8
Quote from: V8Demon;333411

I can assume carpet cut for a fox Mustang will not fit correctly in an 87 Cougar, correct?

Birds and Cats have a longer wheelbase therefore the carpet extends more to the back.

No worries there is plenty of availability for replacement carpet from the two links we suggested above. I plan to use one of them when I am ready to purchase...

Interior floor carpet

Reply #9
Weird......plenty of carpet and dashboard choices and jack poop for headlights.....

Interior floor carpet

Reply #10
Are you getting some of this Paul? I've been strongly considering it, as my carpet is not so great anymore, I was just a little concerned about the cut and the texture. If you get/got it let us know how it comes out:D
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Interior floor carpet

Reply #11
I ordered the Ultra plush cut with the mass backing in black from stockinteriors.com

I'm waiting on delivery.  I'll let you know how it looks.

Interior floor carpet

Reply #12
Wow. Ultra plush! Goin for the shaggin waggin? haha, jk, cant wait to see it!
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Interior floor carpet

Reply #13
The going is slow.....The car is basically a shell with drivetrain right now.....I should take it to the track and see what time I can rip off with all the body and interior parts removed :hick:

Interior floor carpet

Reply #14
...even if you have to trailer it up there;)
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L