Skip to main content
Topic: Nos score (Read 2248 times) previous topic - next topic

Nos score

Some recent NOS parts i scored through ebay and CL. for my 1983 Heritage.  Hopefully after my Torino is fixed, the Bird is next to get back on the road.
NOS Grill in the Ford box and Complete body side mouldings in the ford wrappers.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Nos score

Reply #1
Sweet ,,,congrats
Fox-less at the moment

Nos score

Reply #2
Nice score!
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Nos score

Reply #3
Wow, that is huge.  I'd love to find a set of NOS mouldings for my '83.

Nos score

Reply #4
i also scored a front grill emblem, mint, but not NOS and a NOS set of cruise control switches as the chrome was peeling off of mine, and center console switch panel decal with door lock button decals too. Mine are working but wearing out the trim...... here is the auction i just won....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170527102579&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ACOSI%3AUS%3A1123

Nos score

Reply #5
Oh man sweet score! I mean really who ever thought one would ever find NOS body side moldings.. That's like hitting the big lotto!

Nos score

Reply #6
Awesome haul !!!!!! I wish I could find nice trim for between my wheels.I need all 6 pieces.Maybe someday,but nothing yet.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Nos score

Reply #7
i wonder if there is any market for this stuff yet so someone steps up and repops the harder to find wear items........its harder to find NOS Thunderbird stuff than my 1970 Torino Ragtop believe it or not.....

Nos score

Reply #8
You are correct. Although I've been pretty lucky at finding the NOS items in my collection, I've gotta say that hunting for these parts is pretty nerve-wracking.

When these cars were new, I would routinely inquire about some standard parts (grille, mirrors, console panel, console lid, etc.) at the dealership, and could not believe the price tags associated with them. I mean, it was crazy. Ford apparently believes its parts are made of gold or other rare earth element.

So...when dealerships go out of business, and all these expensive parts are laying around, somebody buys them all up and then sells them one piece at a time. Really, for us it's the best of all worlds except you just can't go in to a dealership and order what you want...the part has to come to you instead. But we do get some good parts. And people that are really serious about restoring, preserving or keeping these cars for a good length of time are the ones buying the NOS parts. Kind of as it should be. Weeds out the tire kickers. ;)

That being said...being in the right place at the right time, and always keeping your eyes open, is the key to finding NOS parts. Knowledge of part numbers greatly helps. An example: Carlisle 2007...40th anniversary of the Cougar marque. All the people with Fox cars have already hit the swap meet portion of the show and said there was nothing for Fox Aero Cougars at all. I'm like, "Yeah...right, there's always something. I'll be back."

Two hours later I brought back three bags filled with parts, the majority of it NOS. Jaws dropped. Vindicated, I was. You just have to look in the right places...

Nos score

Reply #9
The 87 cougar parts have got to be the worst to find out of all the years. I found vert parts easier. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Nos score

Reply #10
It's turning into a barren waste land out there.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Nos score

Reply #11
You really got a good stuff, I like the grill it´s so clean I wish I have one of that clean.

Nos score

Reply #12
Congrats, Dave!

You're making Frank's job REAL easy, lol!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Nos score

Reply #13
Frank is going to have his hands full with my new shaker, to paint and detail......

Nos score

Reply #14
Nice score!

Does your 83 Heritage have the smooth wide bodyside moldings?
tbirdregistry.com