Skip to main content
Topic: Guess what is coming back home? (Read 4242 times) previous topic - next topic

Guess what is coming back home?

Reply #30
Quote from: sarjxxx;335460
A 5.0?

A front license plate?

A color matched hood?

Headlights that aren't crooked?

A hood liner?

A body kit?

A tranny cooler?

Oh, of course, a hood ornament

smart ass LOL....  none of the above.

ornament was always missing....  keep looking.  someone with an '83-'86 will notice I think....  or should.

Reply #31
No, wait, not a 5.0, a 2.3T to match the hood!!! :rollin:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #32
here is the spot I had to repair in the door.  weird spot for a rust hole....

Reply #33
What an odd spot to rust through....
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Reply #34
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;335458

figured out what is missing yet?

the need to use a prop rod.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #35
Quote from: gumby;335475
the need to use a prop rod.

BINGO!!!

Swapped the hinges from an '87-'88 style hood into it.;):shakeass:

jees, I was beginning to lose hope LOL.

Reply #36
Got the B&M hammer shifter bolted in, now just gotta finish up the cosmetic work tomorrow and it will be ready for the 5.0L HO/AOD when I yank the 3.8L/C5

Speaking of that, it says it will work with a C4 and C6....  shouldnt it work with a C5 as well?

Reply #37
Two shifters for the win. You should figure out how to get both working.

Hmmmm which tranny do I wanna use today?
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #38
the funny thing is that i kept looking at those pictures and seeing the prop rod sitting there but I just couldn't put 2 + 2 together :dunce:
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #39
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;333847
I dont think it is much of a hassle for a canadian car to go south, (less restrictions in the states)  but there is a bit of red tape for an american car to come here....  nothing major though. (depending on the year)
I'm pretty sure you'd find that to be the other way around. Bringing a car into Canada, anything goes if it's 15 years or older (which is why you see so many RHD JDM cars and puppiesanese micro trucks around here). Anything newer than 15 years just has to meet Canadian crash and emissions standards, which just about any newer US market does. Unfortunately some very limited production cars were never certified for the Canadian market (Ford GT comes to mind) so they are not legal to import until they're 15 years old. US market 89-92 MN12's were illegal to import into Canada because of their seat belts, but now that they're older than 15 they can come on over. Also, I believe you have to get a letter from a dealership stating that there are no open recalls on the vehicle.

To bring a car into USA I'm pretty sure it has to meet all US crash, lighting and emissions standards applicable to its model year before it's allowed in, regardless of age.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #40
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;335500
To bring a car into USA I'm pretty sure it has to meet all US crash, lighting and emissions standards applicable to its model year before it's allowed in, regardless of age.

That goes for any car getting a plate, regardless of ODM. You can have anything you want titled in your name, as long as it is not reg'd. (and the neighbors don't call it an "eyesore":flip:)

That does vary by state though, as some states don't do an inspection. My cougar would have never passed an inspection, for lighting, safety, or emissions(especially), but FL has no inspections required for reg's. (but if they catch you on the street in violation, you still get fined). AFAIK, age makes no difference, but, once again, that may vary by state.

Like you said, though it does affect model year, such as how <85 does not need a third brake light.

I'm not sure what entails actually getting it across the border though...
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #41
Florida took a rebuilt Illinois title from the vert, and cleared it so when it got transferred to a NY title, there was no sign of the rebuild, and it's a clear title again. :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #42
People seem to ask me this question all the time. not sure why. lol
http://www.bordercenter.org/chem/vehicles.htm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #43
more progress yesterday:
(dont mind the mess on the floor, still not totally done.)

Reply #44
You got a hell of a lot of spray paint skills as you didn't even paint the hood under the shifter plate;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.