Skip to main content
Topic: 85-up? defroster grilles (Read 1845 times) previous topic - next topic

85-up? defroster grilles

saw a post a while back here about birds and cats not having defroster grilles. Only some of the MarkV11 had a trim ring? is this correct? I'm thinking of making grilles for my 87 bird. If there is any interest i will make a set of molds and sell them to this group for around $20.00 a pair they will be cast in UV stable white urethane suitable for painting. If any one has any other parts they want made in either ridgid urethane or soft urethane let me know. I will make each part available to this group first at a discount before releasing to vendors.

Sorry new to the fox/birds and cats. my main area of expertise and employment is the early 64-73 mustangs.

thanks in advance walt
Baylensman 97 XR7

Re: 85-up? defroster grilles

Reply #1
I think Eric mentioned the door handle cups for the standard door panels.  I would be interested in these

Reply #2
door handle cups for the standard door panels

But they look so pretty all scratched and chipped...
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #3
can do on the door cups. does anyone know. how amny types and what years they fit? the ones on my 87 are ok i can use them as prototypes it is an lx model.
Baylensman 97 XR7

Reply #4
Whoa this is cool!  How come you didn't say anything about this urethane stuff before?  :D

Those door cups will fit '87 and '88 model years.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #5
I am not sure how many they fit but the pic masterblaster posted looks like what I was refering to.

I do not know if they are the same or different on the premium/tubo coupe panels.

I would suspect they are the same at least 86-88 but do not know this for sure.

Reply #6
Definately interested in the defroster grilles for my 87 Cat. I started a post recently asking of their existence, may be the one you saw.

Let me know how they turn out.

Dave

Reply #7
sorry guys mothers day kinda sneaked(snuke,snooked, oh well) up on me.. no i didn't forget flowers/card. just had other plans for sunday (junk yard) for some more interior peices and measurements. So i'll try and get there this week. After memomrail day weekend i won't have to work saturdays for a while so i'll have two days to get out. Pulled the door cups off my car and started cleaning them up and poured a mold base. still have to touch up the tops a little before i can pour that. I'll photo the first prototype later this week or early next and post here.

walt
Baylensman 97 XR7

Reply #8
sounds good

Reply #9
awsome. I think that they would have to work between 85 to 88 . at the very least, the door panels will fit. the main reason that I say this, is because I have an 88 door on my 86 cougar. I really oughta wire in the power window mirror and door locks. It will be funny because I only have the one mirror.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com