Skip to main content
Topic: Body Filler Question. (Read 1668 times) previous topic - next topic

Body Filler Question.

Does anyone know if you can use body filler/has used it, in the engine bay, on the firewall, and inner fenders?

I have welded up the swiss chesse holes in the inner fenders and firewall, plus patched over the AC holes, and all the other holes I don't need, now I need to know if I can finish the very minor imperfections with a light skim of body filler?  I would rather use that then spend more time welding, grinding sanding, just to do it again, because it is still slightly noticable.

Thanks for any help, ideas.

Re: Body Filler Question.

Reply #1
Of course you can,that's how most imperfections are smoothed out,even on hot rods.

Reply #2
as long it is used sparyingly (yeah a 1/4 thick piece of bondo bad idea) and pref away from flexible panels as it may crack (it has some flexiblity, just not too much).  The orange peel filer is even more britel.

Reply #3
I was just concerned that the constant heating up and cooling down from the motor would wreck havoc on the bondo.  Thanks for the help.

Reply #4
It shouldnt, not for several years anyway.  i have bondo on my valve cover on my sebring, it has not cracked yet.