Skip to main content
Topic: DeWalt vs Festool what do you think? (Read 2640 times) previous topic - next topic

DeWalt vs Festool what do you think?

Hy,
I think I need your opinion with these saws. I want to buy Tracksaw so I´m not sure what should I buy. I have worked with Festool TS 55 EQ and I know it´s good tool but I don´t know about DeWalt DWS520SK which is cheaper and theres lot of good talk about it at web. Maybe some of you have experiance with these tools and can help me, Thanks.

DeWalt- http://dewalt.com/tools/saws-track-saws-dws520sk.aspx
Festool- http://www.festoolusa.com/products/plunge-cut-circular-saws/ts-55-eq-plunge-cut-circular-saw-561174.html

Kristen

Reply #1
Honestly, I would buy the German made Festool. After looking at the video. I may buy that one for my shop this winter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2
I like festool too it´s just that sometimes you have prove yourself that you want the right stuff.

Reply #3
If you were just going to use it once or twice, definitely stick to the dewalt.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #4
No I´m not going to use it for once or twice, I´m going to need it once or twice a week. For cutting plywood & furniture. I already found another company who makes plunge-cut saws it´s Mafell http://mafell.com/ I read about it and they say it´s goos as festool or even better.

Thanks, right now I think I´ll buy Festool TS75 EBQ Plus

Reply #5
I still like the festool. That would save a lot of time in the shop, chopping cabinet side panels 2 at a time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
OK, thanks guys !
I have done the research for week now and I´m going for festool.

Kristen

Reply #7
Definitely go with the Festool. God I hate DeWallet tools
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #8
I thought I`ll let you know what did I do. When my research was done then mostly I was told that Mafell is better than Festool. So yesterday I bought Mafell MT 55 with 1,6 meter guide rail and here is pic too.