Skip to main content
Topic: 84 grille (Read 858 times) previous topic - next topic

84 grille

WTB a nice chrome grille for an 84 T-bird.

also need both in-bumper front turn signal lights.

Thanks
David Cole
dgcole01@bellsouth.net
86 T-Bird
Alston chassis, Ladder Bars, struts, steel body
alky injected 598 BBF.  5.23 @135 1/8 mile, 1.15 60'

84 grille

Reply #1
Quote from: Dave_C;328159
WTB a nice chrome grille for an 84 T-bird.

also need both in-bumper front turn signal lights.

Thanks
David Cole
dgcole01@bellsouth.net

Are u looking for the amber ones? I have a set of amber turn signal lamps...

I have a grille too but it is less than perfect with normal age and wear.

84 grille

Reply #2
If the 84 grill is the same as the 85, I have one in my ad that's in nice shape.

84 grille

Reply #3
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;328297
If the 84 grill is the same as the 85, I have one in my ad that's in nice shape.

83-84 grille vs. 1985-86 grille. They will interchange and mount to the header panel itself which did not change. The Bird emblems will not interchange between the straight 83-84 version vs. the 85-86 aerobird version as the mounting pin hole locations are different.

84 grille

Reply #5
Quote from: Dansbirds;328458
Dont know if you found one yet but here is one on ebay. Its a 83/84 in the pic. if thats what he's selling. 

Thanks,

I may have found one.  I'll contact you if it doesn't work out.

I had seen the one on ebay.  I think it's a reproduction.  Not a bad price, but they want almost $70 to ship it.
86 T-Bird

84 grille

Reply #6
Yea I saw the shipping, thats why I havent bought it also. I know it all totals the same but I would be more inclined to pay 70 for the piece than I would the shipping

84 grille

Reply #8
Quote from: 83Heritage;328781
Did you send him a message? Most of his ither small stuff has free shipping. Could just be he entered some info wrong and that is what e-bay spit out.

No, I didn't.  I've got one on the way from 1bad88tbird in the post above.

Thanks

David Cole
86 T-Bird

84 grille

Reply #9
Now I just need to find some of the amber lenses to go in the front bumper.

I don't really want the entire light if I can figure out a way to just mount the lenses.  This is a drag car and they will be non-functional.  Just want to fill up the holes in the front bumper.
86 T-Bird

84 grille

Reply #12
Quote from: Dave_C;328785
Now I just need to find some of the amber lenses to go in the front bumper.

I don't really want the entire light if I can figure out a way to just mount the lenses.  This is a drag car and they will be non-functional.  Just want to fill up the holes in the front bumper.

The lenses are bonded to the lamp housing and was never available as a seperate part. I suppose you could carefully take them apart and just bond them to the inside of the bumper cover. If you use the seperated lens then you will of course need to paint the back silver so that it appears to be in a lamp housing.

Actually since it is a drag car I kinda like it with the lamps deleted as it looks like functional air intakes. However of you are attempting to reduce a small amount of aero drag then filling the holes would help.

84 grille

Reply #13
How does the lense assmbly attach to the bumper cover?  I just looked at mine and all I could see/feel was one small trigangular "hook" on each side.  No bolt holes or threaded bosses, etc. 

I also got a really good inspection of the bumper cover.  It's a little worse than I realized with cracks etc.  I think I will buy a reman bumper cover this winter and have it painted to match.
86 T-Bird

84 grille

Reply #14
Quote from: Dave_C;328944
How does the lense assmbly attach to the bumper cover?  I just looked at mine and all I could see/feel was one small trigangular "hook" on each side.  No bolt holes or threaded bosses, etc. 

I also got a really good inspection of the bumper cover.  It's a little worse than I realized with cracks etc.  I think I will buy a reman bumper cover this winter and have it painted to match.

The original lamp housings attach to metal brackets which in turn mount onto the metal bumper reinforcement. So if you are missing any of these things and you wanna add non-functional lenses you will need to bond them in some fashion to the inside surface of the bumper cover as the factory lenses are larger than the openings.