Skip to main content
Topic: Pauly needs Parts!!!!!! (Read 939 times) previous topic - next topic

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Striving for perfection.  Car has been dropped off for paint:  http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=28539
In order to achieve perfection; finding the following parts will make it easier.

The parts needed are for a 1987 Cougar.
The list:

[SIZE="5"]1.[/SIZE] Window trim from an 87-88 XR7 -- all of it.  Front, Rear, and sides.

[SIZE="5"]2.[/SIZE]  Outer turn markers.  Again.  IN PERFECT CONDITION.  None of that "good enough" stuff.  I have better than good enough.  I want perfect. 

[SIZE="5"]3.[/SIZE]  Illuminated Door lock cylinders WITH BLACK FINISH from 87-88 T-bird Turbo Coupe/Sport.

I can not stress enough that I'm looking for as close to new/unused pieces as is possible.  Most of you know that I pay upfront and willingly for items in the right condition.  I don't mean to come off sounding like a pain in the ass here, but I want this resto done right proper.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #1
I might have a door for you I'll let go cheap. Let me go and see if it is in good enough shape.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #2
Have a couple of door dings, light surface rust on the bottoms. If your still interested, I'll take some pics, but I don't think its what your looking for.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #3
ran the dealer locator-no nos outer plamps anywhere,
including greens ,vintage and kinsel--irv

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #4
I may have a lead on those.  I'll keep you posted ;)

Still looking for the door and the trim as well!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #5
if and when i ever sell my 88 i have a complete set of
all front lamps[nos] that i will get rid of along with a
lot of other nos stuff. good luck on the hunt.

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #6
Here's a little something I found today.Grab 'em while you can,Paul.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140412851034&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160440717054&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110557516155&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110557623141&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #7
Bumpage.  E-mail me at Paul_Flockhart@hotmail.com.  I've not been on here much as of late.....

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #8
Did the lights I posted not work for you?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #9
if your rear window mldgs are just faded you can refinish
them. i did mine.

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #10
Yeah, it's just faded.  I pried it up a bit.....Gonna come out real easy.  I was afraid of damaging it, but it appears that won't be the case.  I'll be re-using my old door.  Needs minor work on the inside along the bottom, but compared to everything else I've seen it's the best option.  Still looking for a good set of turn signals and inner markers.....good as in NEW or NOS or perfect.

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #11
Paul,did you check the links I posted? They are new lights I believe,and affordable.

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #12
I checked about a week after you posted.....Most of it is gone.  I'm gonna call them direct as they have their own website separate from ebay.

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #13
I figured that was the cheapest one could find for new lights. I hope it works for you.I'll do some looking.

Pauly needs Parts!!!!!!

Reply #14
Here's two of them.Contact them,maybe they'll cut you a deal to buy both.Who knows?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-1987-88-Cougar-Front-lamps-Park-side-marker-light-LH-/110571013785?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-88-Cougar-OEM-LAMP-Turn-PARK-E7WY-13200-B-RH-Light-/110571120877?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories