Skip to main content
Topic: xxxx (Read 767 times) previous topic - next topic

xxxx

Reply #15
Alright. So it will fit in the bottom slot. We established that above. Now my question is, does the dash have to be taken out in order to swap the heater controls? Obviously the bezel has to come off, but can I move the heater(stock non ATC) controls without unbolting the dash?

xxxx

Reply #16
Quote from: jpc647;328283
Alright. So it will fit in the bottom slot. We established that above. Now my question is, does the dash have to be taken out in order to swap the heater controls? Obviously the bezel has to come off, but can I move the heater(stock non ATC) controls without unbolting the dash?

No dash removal is required. All you have to do is remove the trimplate off the centerstack, unscrew the four screws that hold the heater controls. Next you have to unplug the electrical connections, remove the two nuts that hold the vacspooge lines, then remove the clip that retains the cable to the heater controls. Re-route the wiring, vacuum connector and cable to the top slot in the dash then install the control panel in it's new location.

This here will help: http://www.coolcats.net/media/docs/rotary_heater_panel.pdf

This is a PDF guide on installing the later model Ford rotary panel but you can basically follow this procedure using your original slide lever panel and you will be ommitting many unecessary steps.

It also covers the use and installation of the sliding cupholder.

xxxx

Reply #17
Watchdevil, the picutre you posted of the cougar with this installed, was any modiification needed to the bottom slot of the cup holder tray in order to make it and function?

xxxx

Reply #18
Quote from: jpc647;328359
Watchdevil, the picutre you posted of the cougar with this installed, was any modiification needed to the bottom slot of the cup holder tray in order to make it and function?

The article does not mention any modification required. I assume it just slides and locks into the slot, then you just put the centerstack faceplate back on.