Skip to main content
Topic: another problem : ) (Read 697 times) previous topic - next topic

another problem : )

so today i was looking over my motor and i noticed one of the fuel connectors wires were cracked open so i could see the copper wiring and the connection looks like it has been melted. I put some electrical tape around each of the wires for now. Does anybody know if i could buy the connection with a pigtail anywere? or do i have to get a whole new harness...
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Reply #2
yes that would be great! i need about 1.5 inch of wires of the plug. i'll send you a pm
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Reply #3
You can but most if not all of those pigtail for your entire car at your local parts store. If they tell you they can't they just don't want to sell you anything. Also if you go to borg warner's site they normally list the part number of the pigtail with the part.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #4
Just go to the junk yard and cut the pig tail off of another Ford that has the same one you need. It's a cheaper option;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Quote from: ipsd;327056
You can but most if not all of those pigtail for your entire car at your local parts store. If they tell you they can't they just don't want to sell you anything. Also if you go to borg warner's site they normally list the part number of the pigtail with the part.

Borg Warner is Standard now, some part #'s are the same most aren't.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #6
napa carries the fuel injector pigtail for "bosch style " injectors.. about 5 bux each
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow