Skip to main content
Topic: O2 sensors what brand/type (Read 1042 times) previous topic - next topic

O2 sensors what brand/type

Still going through the bird as it now has 95,000 miles. Tune up showed great improvement in drivability and set of the pants power. Reading several of threads here and elsewhere, O2 sensors seems to be next step. Napa/carquest offer a universal replacement, as well as motorcraft/ford brand Motorcraft is about 3x as much money, but i've been reading that i will get better results with factory set up. looking mostly to get fuel milage back up into the 15-18 mpg range instaed of the 12-14 mgp. Anyone have a preference either way.
Baylensman 97 XR7

Re: O2 sensors what brand/type

Reply #1
I've used Bosch O2 sensors from Auto Zone with no problems. Like 'em a lot. Any new O2 sensor is going to work better than what you have now, and you will see an improvement regardless. I really never found a huge difference in them.

What you will need to do, though, is take an old one with you to the parts store so you can get the harness ends matched. There are 3 or 4 different styles of harness ends, and different wiring configurations available (2-wire, 3-wire, 4-wire, etc.). Also, some brands offer longer pigtails so you can use them in an H-pipe later on. You're going to spend roughly $40-50 each no matter what you end up with.

Re: O2 sensors what brand/type

Reply #2
I got mine at Kragen...Bosch.....priced right and works fine.....

'84 302cfi w1th 134k miles of really hard abuse