Skip to main content
Topic: Time for new Wheels (Read 2440 times) previous topic - next topic

Time for new Wheels

I'm in the market for some new wheels and I dont think that swapping over to the 5 lug option is going to be in my budget after reading up on the work involved.

Has anyone used 4-5 lug conversion kits instead?

Also, i see the stock offset on the ten hole sport wheels is 22.5mm (if memory serves me)
what I am wondering is what offset could be used either +/- and still have the proper look.

Time for new Wheels

Reply #1
If you're going to go to 5 lug at all,do it the right way,not with the bolt on adapters. It's not that costly,and can be done in a day. There are a lot of wheels for 4 lugs.Check Ebay.Look up OE Wheels,or just type in "Mustang Wheels".
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Time for new Wheels

Reply #2
americanmuscle.com has a bunch of fox mustang 4 lug wheels that are adaptations of newer model mustang and cobra wheels. They're pretty cheap too. Start at 99 per wheel.

I was gonna put the polished 95 cobra r's on mine, but I'm gettin a set of turbines soon, so....:D
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Time for new Wheels

Reply #3
I'm in the market for some new wheels and it is within my budget. I have an 85 TC and i am not sure were i should start. I am certainly not a mechanic but i have done most of my own work and can hold my own. Is there a kit on the market i can buy to accomplish this?

Time for new Wheels

Reply #4
What is within a decent budget is many of the 4-lug Mustang wheels (especially the various Cobra/Shelby knock-offs) at American Muscle unless you are dead set on doing a 5-lug changeover. I agree with Vinnie, do not bother with spacers. Just get the right parts to do a true 5-lug conversion. With a 5-lug changeover, wheel options are virtually unlimited plus you can even find plenty of used or take-off late model Mustang wheels for cheap.

Time for new Wheels

Reply #5
Quote from: sarjxxx;325973

I was gonna put the polished 95 cobra r's on mine, but I'm gettin a set of turbines soon, so....:D

Oh turbines give me a hard on!

Time for new Wheels

Reply #6
Quote from: Watchdevil;333099
Oh turbines give me a hard on!

[SIZE="7"]Boing![/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Time for new Wheels

Reply #7
The Sport had some turbines for a while....and 8 holes.....and 14 in. py wheels....and 10 holes....and snowflakes.....and silver Cobra R's....and chrome Cobra R's....and 10th anniversary Cobras.....I have stopped swapping wheels now.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Time for new Wheels

Reply #8
Quote from: daminc;333106
[SIZE="7"]Boing![/SIZE]

You are killing me! You tease! :rollin:

Time for new Wheels

Reply #9
Quote from: vinnietbird;333123
The Sport had some turbines for a while....and 8 holes.....and 14 in. py wheels....and 10 holes....and snowflakes.....and silver Cobra R's....and chrome Cobra R's....and 10th anniversary Cobras.....I have stopped swapping wheels now.

Yeah Vinnie has done all the trials for me so I know what I think will look the best on my Bird... So I am down to factory turbines or a set of Cobra wheels like he has. Those are the only two wheel styles that I really like.

Time for new Wheels

Reply #10
I am dead set on converting. Just don't know were to begin or what i should be looking for. Armature  :)

Time for new Wheels

Reply #11
Amateur that is. Typo. Just need some direction