Skip to main content
Topic: got a quick question (Read 1397 times) previous topic - next topic

got a quick question

Where can I find a new headlight switch for my cougar? it's the kind with the flip switch not the push pull type and has the dimmer wheel built into it.? I checked advanced auto parts, auto zone and pep boys. no luck they all have the push pull type listed.
thanks
GB

got a quick question

Reply #1
I have never been able to find a new one , I grab them from the salvage yards whenever I find them  ( Mark VII has the same switch)
Fox-less at the moment

got a quick question

Reply #2
I'm going to be grabbing all the switches I can.Our parts are drying up fast and getting harder and harder to find.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

got a quick question

Reply #3
thanks, I think i work out a custom dash for my cat then. I used to build them back in the day before the recession hit.

got a quick question

Reply #4
I bought mine from Rock Auto when it needed replaced. Not sure if they have any more though.. for some reason I was thinking that was the last one... lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

got a quick question

Reply #5
I have several good ones if you need one.
John

got a quick question

Reply #6
Hypostang. I looked up mark VII at auto zone. they have them special order only though . they are $35.00 each and the plug backs are the same only difference is they don't have the heat sink on the side like the cougars did.

got a quick question

Reply #7
My mark VII  LSC had the heat sink , I dont know if the base/Bill Blass model has it or not .
Fox-less at the moment

got a quick question

Reply #8
I bought one for my 88 a few years ago. The one I bought was an AC Delco part.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

got a quick question

Reply #9
RockAuto does still show the listing for a mark VII
Fox-less at the moment

got a quick question

Reply #10
Quote from: hypostang;324467
My mark VII  LSC had the heat sink , I dont know if the base/Bill Blass model has it or not .

The LSCs were the only ones. The heatsink let the switch run the foglights without burning up.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

got a quick question

Reply #11
Quote from: 5.0 bird;324477
The LSCs were the only ones. The heatsink let the switch run the foglights without burning up.

Mine have heat sinks.  Not sure if they're the same as the Mk 7s.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

got a quick question

Reply #12
Quote from: 5.0 bird;324477

That makes sense , however my bird has the heat sink and its not a TC  .
 I guess its another "why did Ford do that " kinda thing
Fox-less at the moment