Skip to main content
Topic: That's one way to clean the interior (Read 1533 times) previous topic - next topic

That's one way to clean the interior

My reupholstering project is getting under way - I'm preparing the seat covers I got from fordman3 for dye. I pressure washed 'em today (I tried the washing machine but it didn't seem to work well, I think the vinyl backs prevented the water from sloshing through them) and am hanging 'em out to dry - when they are dry I will attempt my first ever dye job :D

A tech article on saving your interior is sure to follow as I get these things dyed and installed
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Re: That's one way to clean the interior

Reply #1
The seat covers aren't really that dark, of course - the combination of them being wet, the setting sun and the py digital camera made 'em really dark. In reality they're in nearly perfect shape but suffer from the typical red interior fade...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
i left my covers on the seats when i presure washed them.  So you tried the washing machine eh?  i was too scared to try that cause i thought they might strink.  hope it turns out perfect for you.

Reply #3
I ;ike to use Catrol super clean in a 25% mix with water then I spray it on then scrub the area with a bruch and shop vac it out. Works great.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird