Skip to main content
Topic: Did a little rear bumper painting (Read 678 times) previous topic - next topic

Did a little rear bumper painting

I tried to paint my rear bumper today, mostly out of wanting to do something with the car.  I had already bought the SEM paint earlier.

After researching threads, the factory match was 39163 Med Smoke.  I put it on and it just looked too light.  Im sure it matched the factory, but I wanted it to be darker to match the side trim pieces better.  I bought some 39063 Gloss Black for some other trim on the car.  I decided to just spray it on after I wasnt likeing the first 2 coats. 

I took a few quick pics, Ill try and get some better ones later.  I wish I would have taken before pics.:punchballs:

You can see where the paint just didnt lay right on the passenger side spot, not sure what that was???  Anyway, it isnt perfect, but it is much better.
Mike

Did a little rear bumper painting

Reply #1
Cool man :) I gotta paint my lower front bumper soon. My paint wont match exactly but it just the bumper so its not too bad. A previous owner used a non-Thunderbird white on it and I have never been able to match it up. Anyway..

It looks good man. :) I wouldn't worry about if the colour seems off to you, it will look just fine on the road and you did a good job.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt