Skip to main content
Topic: corrosion (Read 1305 times) previous topic - next topic

corrosion

Reply #1
not really sure of what your asking but back in high school my buddies 85 birds buttstuffog clock would run backwards.... :dunno:

corrosion

Reply #2
im just car shopping for Mason (tbird 5.0 w/aod) and seeing lots of unreasnable rust.

corrosion

Reply #3
LOL I'm still confused, what are you asking...........
...and there was light!

corrosion

Reply #4
Something pertaining to electrolysis, perhaps...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

corrosion

Reply #5
Quote from: jcassity;319500
im just car shopping for Mason (tbird 5.0 w/aod) and seeing lots of unreasnable rust.

you might want to try in an area that doesnt salt like further south.  the cars are pretty rust free here.

corrosion

Reply #6
My 1959 Zephyr was Negative ground, Still rusty. Myth I believe.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

corrosion

Reply #7
tbirdscott, most cars are negative ground ;) just sayin'

Some old British cars had what they called "positive earth". And old British cars rust even worse than old puppiesanese ones, so I'd say negative or positive ground doesn't matter. As someone suggested, about your only hope is to fine one that wasn't exposed to corrosive environments, such as a southern car or one that hasn't been driven in winter...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

corrosion

Reply #8
No rust around here either.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

corrosion

Reply #9
florida's humid, but suprisingly little rust
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

corrosion

Reply #10
This is completely off topic (sorry Scott!:D) but it's humid as all hell in Guam...cars rust like they're from Saltville there...and as we all know, Guam doesn't get much snow..;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

corrosion

Reply #11
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;319585
This is completely off topic (sorry Scott!:D) but it's humid as all hell in Guam...cars rust like they're from Saltville there...and as we all know, Guam doesn't get much snow..;)

they might not get the snow but they get the ocean spray which is way worse.....

corrosion

Reply #12
well jcassity i know of a 5.0 tbird here but its a 5 speed. i know him wel and he is asking bout 1500 for it and ive seen it personally and no rust at all.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

corrosion

Reply #13
Chrysler products were positive ground until the end of the 6 volt era in the mid 50s.

corrosion

Reply #14
Im talking about cathodic protecton with respect to all wiring as well as a chassis.  Like your land line phone, it runs on -48vdc from the phone company, or like battery back up systems in telecom that are all -48v, and like your typical hull of a ship or any industrial container where corrosion is an issue that a sacraficial anaode is used.

thats what Im talking about.

perhaps pos gnd was stopped for a reason in the automotive world,, or it was a move to make it easier for people to not screw up.