Skip to main content
Topic: header prefarance and why (Read 1934 times) previous topic - next topic

header prefarance and why

Reply #15
I was going to get a set of the Ford headers,but they cost a lot,plus,I found out that my BBK's would work well with my "P" heads....which I can say from experience now....they do.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
Quote from: 86mk7;319631
i like my ford racing stainless shorties. great fitmit on my mark 7

See, and I'm just the opposite.  The FRPP stainless shorties for P heads fit like utter .  I had to bash the lowest hanging tube almost 1/2 way in just to clear the top of our terribly designed motor mounts.  I was talking with Chuck about this issue, and he says his mounts may give a little bit more clearance in that area.  However my application dealt with a V6 K member, perhaps a TC or V8 K member is different. I doubt it, but who knows?  I just recently found out that the K members between a 4 cylinder mustang and a 5.0 Mustang are different.

Reply #17
Quote from: joefriday;319655
  However my application dealt with a V6 K member, perhaps a TC or V8 K member is different. I doubt it, but who knows?  I just recently found out that the K members between a 4 cylinder mustang and a 5.0 Mustang are different.

AFIK all '86-'88 Bird x-members are same, I have the orig 4cyl in mine that looked just like the one in the 5.0 car the mounts are from, all fit perfectly...

My BBK 1515 shorties clear the stock mounts with no problem... I did have a slight rub on the steering shaft when in reverse but that seems to have fixed it's self, hope all is well when I install Chucks mounts...