Skip to main content
Topic: Some possible good news for our cars.... (Read 2104 times) previous topic - next topic

Some possible good news for our cars....

Reply #15
Actually,that's a cool idea,then,pack the original console panel safely away somewhere.That's an easy mod for the vert.Either way,let me know what you need and I'll take care of it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
What about us poor saps without a full length console?:hick:
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #17
Quote from: hypostang;315765
What about us poor saps without a full length console?:hick:

...um.......get a full length console.LOL.

I have to start somewhere,and starting with what applies to my own Sport seems the smart thing to do.LOL.If they work out,and are worth my time,I may try to expand the offerings a little at a time if the demand is high enough.The problem is,and I am including myself in this comment....we all want and need parts,but aren't always willing (or able) to pay what it takes to get it....so...I'm starting with these decals and hopefully will be able to get some other "needs" out there for the masses at a price I myself would be willing to pay.Trying to keep it realistic and accessible.Otherwise,what's the point?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #18
Quote from: vinnietbird;315768
...um.......get a full length console.LOL.

I have to start somewhere,and starting with what applies to my own Sport seems the smart thing to do.LOL.If they work out,and are worth my time,I may try to expand the offerings a little at a time if the demand is high enough.The problem is,and I am including myself in this comment....we all want and need parts,but aren't always willing (or able) to pay what it takes to get it....so...I'm starting with these decals and hopefully will be able to get some other "needs" out there for the masses at a price I myself would be willing to pay.Trying to keep it realistic and accessible.Otherwise,what's the point?

Makes perfect sense ... I was bein a smart*** my consolette is probably the nicest part of my interior ;)
 I am interested in seeing the results of your endeavor
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #19
I knew you were kidding. Pics will be posted when I get the decals.I'll do a before,during,and after.

Reply #20
It's frustrating that we have to go to such great lengths for even tiny amounts of aftermarket support specifically for our cars.  But I'm thankful for people like Vinnie and many other members of this board that take the time to do so and then share the fruits of their labor with the rest of us.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #21
Without each other,we'd be in a bad way with these cars.

Reply #22
Quote from: jkirchman;315781
It's frustrating that we have to go to such great lengths for even tiny amounts of aftermarket support specifically for our cars.  But I'm thankful for people like Vinnie and many other members of this board that take the time to do so and then share the fruits of their labor with the rest of us.

I think part of the problem is that, as a body, we tend to be cheap. We'll spend a billion dollars on some stereo or aftermarket turbo bit, but we complain like mad when someone wants $100 for some new this-that-or-the-other-thing, even when it's in perfect shape.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #23
I don't think we are any "cheaper" than Mustang drivers.  It's just that there are more of them so the parts are cheaper to begin with.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #24
I'm cheap...so to speak,but with a reason...I can see spending $100 on big parts,but I find it hard to spend that kind of money on small things like an NOS light,or console piece,or horn button.I feel like I can get more for my money on other things like headers,differential,( I have two of them for that amount and less).Things like that.

Reply #25
Quote from: vinnietbird;315850
I'm cheap...so to speak,but with a reason...I can see spending $100 on big parts,but I find it hard to spend that kind of money on small things like an NOS light,or console piece,or horn button.I feel like I can get more for my money on other things like headers,differential,( I have two of them for that amount and less).Things like that.

I'm not so sure, I think if good reproduction parts were available you would spend the money. From what I've seen of your car, you will spend good money when it's for a good part, while I have seen others complain quite a bit about it.

Who knows, maybe I'm just grumpy because I still have packing left to do, and we move on the 1st.

I do find it odd that there seems to be no NOS parts around for our cars. When I had my asc/McLaren convertible (1984-1990 total production: 2,359), there were quite a bit of NOS parts available, yet there just doesn't seem to be any for our Thunderbirds.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #26
It would depend on what the part is.If I can refurbish a part and make it as good as new (or almost),I'd pass on new stuff.Most all of the parts I got that are new or NOS were still cheap.I'm really a patient shopper.I'd love to see some repro stuff start showing up.The most needed parts...console control panel "plates",dash assemblies (I remember when a brand new from Ford dash was $300.00),and so on.I wonder how much it would cost "Just dashes to restore one.I'd guess a lot more than we would pay.

Reply #27
For any T-birds from 1967-1997 you're pretty much SOL for finding parts. Now if you own a 1955-1966 T-bird you can get pretty much any part you need.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #28
Quote from: thunderjet302;315922
For any T-birds from 1967-1997 you're pretty much SOL for finding parts. Now if you own a 1955-1966 T-bird you can get pretty much any part you need.

Maybe 10 years from now, we may be sitting pretty. It has to start somewhere.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #29
I always liked T-birds, had a 85 and a 91, never thought about it much to to make them better. Then about 5 years ago bought my cat from my sons girlfreind, just to buy something to get around. Found this sight, never looked back! The whole car is different. Oh yeh I doubt it will ever be done.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +