Skip to main content
Topic: TEVES II booster issues (Read 963 times) previous topic - next topic

TEVES II booster issues

OK, got an 88TC and both the brake and antilock lights are lit up  in the dash.  The pedal is like a rock, although, occasionally it will work properly.  I have checked the connectors, but dont know how to troubleshoot the teves system.  Is there a test point to see if it is pressurizing?  Does anyone have a wiring diagram??

TEVES II booster issues

Reply #1
Try this: http://www.turbotbird.com/techinfo/TEVES%20II%20ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC%20BRAKING%20SYSTEM%2087-88%20TCs.htm
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

TEVES II booster issues

Reply #2
Sounds like an acspoogeulator problem.
Make sure the pump is running when you turn the key to run,othwise check your relays.

TEVES II booster issues

Reply #3
Quote from: dominator;315576
sounds like an acspoogeulator problem.
Make sure the pump is running when you turn the key to run,othwise check your relays.

+1
Fox-less at the moment

TEVES II booster issues

Reply #4
Quote from: hypostang;315590
+1

+2

The relay failure is common... Mine didn't operate 3-4 years ago, smacked it with my tennis shoe, been fine since(I do carry a spare relay in the console)...

Has twice been my experience that a bad acspoogeulator results in normal pedal feel on light braking, but pedal gets hard on heavy braking, at least until the pump kicks on and rebuilds pressure...