Skip to main content
Topic: new to the forum but not to the cars (Read 1388 times) previous topic - next topic

new to the forum but not to the cars

Hello all
I own quite a few vehicles and have quit a few projects.
My most current one is a FOX body cougar that I will be doing a few things to.
Im installing a 8.8 Diferential from a 95 mustang GT with 3.08 gears
and using LSC backingplates, rotors, calipers and brake cables.
Im installing LSC front spindles with SVO balljoint adapters and using LSC rotors and calipers along with 4 LSC BBS rims.

I'm swaping out the EEC for a A9P and installing a low milage 5.0HO with GT40 heads and intake with 1.7 ratio roller rockers. I'm also swaping in a rebuilt AOD out of a 93 Thunderbird with a trans-go shift kit.
For exhaust I,m using stock mustang tubular manifolds with true duel 2.5 inch pipe through magnaflow cats and flowmaster lers.

best of all this is my daily beater car.
here are some pics of my Fox Cougar and my MN12

FORD The Pacemaker of a CHEVY

Reply #1
Welcome to the forums.I like the 20th Anniversary Cougar you have.Nice car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Nice rides!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #3
Welcome aboard !!!, Great bunch of people here........................
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #4
Welcome! We can forgive the MN-12 since you have a Fox lol

You'll like it here :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #5
howdy

Reply #6
OOOOOOOO 'nother 20th!!!! :hick::banana:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #7
don't feel too bad i have a mn12 and a fox too SC cougar as well. and they still haven't flamed me yet....
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #8
I'm trying to make the fox a nice streetable fun car, I went to far on my mn12. If you noticed the plate on the mn12 (CYIMBRK) it means C. Y. I'M BROKE.
FORD The Pacemaker of a CHEVY

Reply #9
I have a Fox and MN-12 as well. The Fox is the garage queen and the MN-12 is the daily driver:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #11
welcome

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout: