Skip to main content
Topic: Another...A/C question...... (Read 1921 times) previous topic - next topic

Another...A/C question......

Is the a/c evaporator between a Fox Stang and our cars the same part?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Yup , my parts book list the same number :D
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2
Sweet,because I bought a brand new one on Ebay for $25.00.I figured at that price,it may come in handy while I'm getting my a/c together.If I don't need it,I can easily get my money back by selling it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
I have a brand new a/c line that goes to the firewall,around the intake,and to the compressor.The acspoogeulator that goes to the firewall,does not have a plug for the harness on it.Is the little electrical part something that can be screwed on to it?If so,who has one to give up?

Reply #4
you got a pic of what your talking about?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
Jerry,look at the second picture,and on the acspoogeulator,you'll see on the top,where the electrical plug goes.I need that part.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=27411

Reply #7
How does it come out.  I have a collection of those canisters.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #8
Good question.I would guess it screws on,but have no idea.

Reply #9
I probably have one off the 3.8 air, if it's the same
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
Ill dick with one of em tomorrow night and let ya know.  It sure looks like it unscrews.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #11
Quote from: daminc;313761
I probably have one off the 3.8 air, if it's the same

I'm sure the electrical part is the same.

Reply #12
Quote from: jandmmustangs;313763
Ill dick with one of em tomorrow night and let ya know.  It sure looks like it unscrews.

I knew I should've kept my originals.

Reply #13
It definitely unscrews I used to sell the snot out of them every spring
 Its  plastic so you need to not over tighten it when you put the new one on.
 Almost all 80's ford vehicles use the same one  regardless of engine size
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #14
If you are running R134A you should turn the pressure switch cutout to 22psi, the default is 35psi for R12. An easy way is to just buy a pressure switch for a 1997 crown Vic. It's allready set to the right cut out, has the same plug and is less then $30.00.
FORD The Pacemaker of a CHEVY