Skip to main content
Topic: gen 3 fuel injectors (Read 1132 times) previous topic - next topic

gen 3 fuel injectors

Will the gen/design 3 injectors fit, (same wiring connection), in our cougars?  Need some 24lb'ers and I prefer the 4 pintle, plastic body.
Mike

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #1
They should as long as they have the same connector as the EV1 style injector these cars had from the factory. Make sure they are the same impedance as well.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #2
Quote from: thunderjet302;312500
They should as long as they have the same connector as the EV1 style injectorQUOTE]

I guess that is what I was asking, :D I didnt word it very well.  I found some on ebay and it doesnt have a picture of connector.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24LB-24-LB-BOSCH-FORD-RACING-FUEL-INJECTORS-DESIGN-III_W0QQitemZ220565413547QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item335ab91eab
Mike

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #3
They'll work.I have a set on my new engine,although the plug was different,so,i got a set of adapters.I've seen them cheaper on Ebay.Go to tthe salvage yard and look for DuraTech Ford Tauruses.They have them as well.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #4
If you don't have the injectors yet just for a FYI Lincoln Mark VIIIs and Continentals with 4.6 DOHC V8s have 24lb EV1 injectors.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #5
Those are always the first things gone on them at the yard, but i always keep checking.

I think the employees snag them before they go to the lot.
Mike

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #6
Injector info: 

-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #7
I've got the blue EV-6 24# injectors and adapters so they'll hook up to my harness.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #8
Im wanting the 24lb'ers before they went to the USCAR design.  I think that was a product?

Those listed in my link appear to have the Jetronic connection.
Mike

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #9
Quote from: mcb82gt;312748
Those are always the first things gone on them at the yard, but i always keep checking.

I think the employees snag them before they go to the lot.

I got mine when I was at the yard and they just (literally I watched them do it) placed a 96 Continental in the yard. I ran right over and pulled out the injectors :D

gen 3 fuel injectors

Reply #10
I've got a set of LT-1 24# injectors for sale.Different look,just as good.They powered the LT-1's just fine,should be fine for ours.