Skip to main content
Topic: Here's a new pic of the speedo..... (Read 2574 times) previous topic - next topic

Here's a new pic of the speedo.....

Reply #30
I'll grab a pic shortly.I was supposed to meet Jangus to hand over some parts,waited for 20 minutes,no Jangus. We may have misunderstood each other about where we are meeting.I came home in hopes he'd call so I could get his stuff to him.I gave him my cell,but no call.I'm not sure what to do.Maybe I'll go see if he's there yet.Back shortly.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #31
O.K.,we found each other.NICE guy.Really seems to be a good guy to hang with.

Now,on to the spedo.....here it is in the Sport....not sure if it's a permanent fixture yet....

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #32
That definately looks cool Vinnie.  Now, your AMP gauge looks like it shows charge, does it actually move?  Is the 3G the reason the system shows charge?

Reply #33
My amp gauge never moves.....at all.One day I may go all aftermarket gauges.But that'll be in a year or more.

Reply #34
It really looks good in there. I think it should be a keeper.

Reply #35
If I keep the BBK,then I have to sell the FMS speedo......for $350.00......or the BBK for $325.00...hint hint.......

Reply #36
That´s awesome ! Atleast I like it if I would have buttstuffog cluster then I would definately want to buy it from you but I´m happy with my full digi cluster :D Now you have to look for tach with 10 000 rpms from BBK you never know what have they produced.

Reply #37
Quote from: vinnietbird;311102
My amp gauge never moves.....at all.One day I may go all aftermarket gauges.But that'll be in a year or more.

Ok, must be the angle, wish we could find a Voltmeter that matched the oem gauges that would fit in that spot.

Reply #38
I have a couple of TC gauge clusters.I'll find some Autometer gauges and fit them in.Not a big deal.Just have to hook everything up and get the speedo to work right.I'm sure there's some kind of "adapter" to fit our speed sensor.I'll probably start buying gauges one at a time when funds allow and start the project and take my time with it.Hook all the wires in the cluster with a plug and make a harness from it so the cluster isn't hardwired,and I can remove it if need be.

Reply #39
Quote from: maandy;311106
That´s awesome ! Atleast I like it if I would have buttstuffog cluster then I would definately want to buy it from you but I´m happy with my full digi cluster :D Now you have to look for tach with 10 000 rpms from BBK you never know what have they produced.

Who knows.I didn't even know these speedos were made til a week ago.I doubt I'll replace any more gauges until I start the new cluster assembly.I've said it before,I'd rather have full digi gauges,but that's probably not going to happen.It's a toss up.For me,wiring a completely new gauge cluster from scratch with a new fabbed harness would be better than modifying the current harness.

The gauge harness doesn't effect the running of the vehicle if it was unplugged from the cluster would it?.

Reply #40
Quote from: vinnietbird;311110
The gauge harness doesn't effect the running of the vehicle if it was unplugged from the cluster would it?.

When I first put the HO in mine, I didn't have the cluster in...never seemed t bother anything. Although I'd probably guess the alternator may not charge due the shunt through the ammeter circuit, can't say for sure though.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #41
I wonder about that.If I go to all new gauges,I won't ue the factory harness.Although,as i stated,this will be a while,unless I get some wicked good deals on gauges,which may just happen at the swap meet Saturday.I'm also going to be looking for a canton oil pan and pick up.....for cheap (of course).

Reply #42
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;311113
When I first put the HO in mine, I didn't have the cluster in...never seemed t bother anything. Although I'd probably guess the alternator may not charge due the shunt through the ammeter circuit, can't say for sure though.

alt wont charge  i had  experienced this a few years ago  when i made my custom cluster  have to connet the two wires together    i can give more detail if needed

Reply #43
I'll be posting for details when the time comes.If you tell me now,it'll be long forgotten by the time I need the info.LOL.

Reply #44
lol this is true  well i still have all the diagrams n stuff so if u need reference when the time come just lemme know