Skip to main content
Topic: Spinner knockoffs for my wheels (Read 959 times) previous topic - next topic

Spinner knockoffs for my wheels

I plan to put 3 pr0ng spinner knockoffs on my wheels like the Shelby Cobra. Can I put three pr0ngs on these wheels?

They are the 576's from replica wheels
http://www.wheelreplicas.com/scwheels.html

Any good vender that you guys can suggest?
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Reply #1
Don't do it.Besides,with the sunken centers of those wheels,I doubt it'll work anyway.Those are the wrong kind of wheels for 3 pr0ng spinners.3I don't know if this will make sense to anyone,but,three pr0ng spinners on wheels with 5 holes just don't "fit". The look is off balance so to speak.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
I'm with Vinnie , those wheels are not the ones I would choose to have knockoffs with , I am a fan of knockoffs in general but only on certain wheels
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #3
Center caps for my wheels were unavailable.  I took one to a wheel place and tested the caps they had until we found one that fit.  Most wheels have one of a few common diameters for that center hole.  The trick is to find one that seats properly.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
i would do the staggered look with those wheels. also use the center caps that come with the rims instead.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

knockoffs

Reply #5
measure the bore size of the wheel in mm....then measure the cap
size where it snaps in the wheel in mm that will determine which
knockoff adapter can be used...knockoffs whether decorative or
not assimilate real knockoff so it kind of defeats the purpose when you can see lug nuts...if you are dead set on spinners iy can be done
but at a price