Skip to main content
Topic: Waiting for the spring thaw. (Read 3628 times) previous topic - next topic

Waiting for the spring thaw.

Reply #15
Im amazed at how much pretty much EVERYONE south of here has gotten for snow. Record amounts...and it all just blows off to the atlantic before it gets here. Lookin outside right now at half the lawn exposed.

I'd just like it to be above 25 degrees for more than a day. Though it was a really clear day I noticed it was almost quarter of 6 and there was still sunlight coming over the horizon! That right there keeps me goin. :cool:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #16
Hey Cougrrr, I wish you were a bit closer.  Id say haul the car up to my garage with your parts and do the swaps here.  I usually keep the garage around 70-80.  Ask Hcor.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #17
well you guys got pounded down there but here in the northern part of the state we have no snow at all and i see green grass! but its still cold as hell.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #18
got a few inches on the ground already so everyone on the road is :burnout:
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Reply #19
Yeah tomorrow should be fun, I was going to trade in my explorer 2 weeks, glad I didn't now.. I'm really enjoying the 4x4 this past week
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #20
Pittsburgh got 21.1" last weekend and we're getting 6"-10" more over the next 12 hours. I haven't driven my car since last Wednesday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #21
In Frederick, MD we are under a Blizzard Warning today.... such fun!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #22
Supposed to be blizzard conditions here at some point today. Right now it's been snowing since about 7pm last night, and they say it will continue until 10pm tonight. This time it's a heavy, slushy snow that is going to be a real P.I.T.A. to move around. Both Mountaineers and the driveway already have an icy plow wall blocking them. One of my shovels already broke from the weight of the snow I was moving.

Winter sucks.
Save a horse, ride a Cougrrr!
1988 Mercury Cougar - 5.0HO, 3G, AOD w/shift kit, 4.10 gears in 8.8, Mass Air, CAI, Pypes X-pipe, Pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, Pypes Violator lers
1997 Ford Mustang GT - stock
2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 4.0 - stock
2001 Mercury Grand Marquis- stock
2008 Ford Escape 4X4 - stock

Reply #23
its snowing steady and it seemed like every corner i turned down the snow came from that direction :P everyone has the heaviest thing they own on and all bundled up with gloves and scarves and such, while im walking around in just a zip up fleece and a tshirt. sissies :hick:
i got some neglected land rover POS that plows thru snow like its not even there(so i can get to work) but it doesnt compare to my ram 50 for playing in the snow. i blasted thru plowed up snow with it and it never had a problem with it. i miss that truck.
i missed the news today but i couldve swore i heard even more is instore for next week.

Reply #24
Quote from: Ductape91;309828
its snowing steady and it seemed like every corner i turned down the snow came from that direction :P everyone has the heaviest thing they own on and all bundled up with gloves and scarves and such, while im walking around in just a zip up fleece and a tshirt. sissies :hick:
i got some neglected land rover POS that plows thru snow like its not even there(so i can get to work) but it doesnt compare to my ram 50 for playing in the snow. i blasted thru plowed up snow with it and it never had a problem with it. i miss that truck.
i missed the news today but i couldve swore i heard even more is instore for next week.

Yeah, I've been out there shovelling my neighborhood (lots of elderly neighbors that can't do it for themselves) in just a flannel jacket. Of course I was working up a sweat, so a heavy coat would've just made it worse.

They did say something on the news about another storm coming on Monday, but I didn't hear the details. All I know is schools are already closed tomorrow, so my kids are happy. This is now the snowiest season here in recorded history. The previous record holder (1996) is the year my wife and I had our first daughter. That blizzard had us snowed in for a couple days... just the two of us... so we had to find ways to keep warm.

:evilgrin:

Now that we have kids in the house, we're just cleaning and having a Dukes Of Hazzard marathon... and waiting for the kids to go to sleep!
1988 Mercury Cougar - 5.0HO, 3G, AOD w/shift kit, 4.10 gears in 8.8, Mass Air, CAI, Pypes X-pipe, Pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, Pypes Violator lers

Reply #25
Hey, come on up here, it ain't snowing at all right now.  Just dress warm, and uh, bring a shovel.
1987 TC

Reply #26
Just had a 30' evergreen tree fall in my backyard. Took out our gazebo and damaged the pool. Just missed hitting the house. Friggin' tree just tipped right over, huge roots popped right out the ground. Probably took out the back fence too, but I can't get back there right now.

I REEEEEAAAALLLLY hate winter!!!

Reply #27
Last weekend northern Delaware got 26" of snow, but it was a dry snow and the snowblower cut through it fine (had the Mustangs safely inside the garage):

Today they're saying we'll end up with 18-24" more, but it is a wet snow with blizzard winds.  I've blown the snow twice already since it is so wet & heavy.  Can't wait til Spring really comes...

1985 SSP Mustang
CHP #E408395

Reply #28
, I-95 is deserted and a mess. couldnt even get to 50 i was all over the place because of my bald tires even in the tracks that were already there.
nothings plowed anywhere and everything was closed, all i wanted was to get something to eat and somewhere to eat it.

Quote from: CougrrrFiveO;309856
Just had a 30' evergreen tree fall in my backyard. Took out our gazebo and damaged the pool. Just missed hitting the house. Friggin' tree just tipped right over, huge roots popped right out the ground. Probably took out the back fence too, but I can't get back there right now.

I REEEEEAAAALLLLY hate winter!!!

thats a pretty close call, i cant tell you how many trees we cut up(when i had that job) that fell on peoples houses and really messed them up.
 guess your lucky no one got hurt, right...?

Reply #29
We got 12 inches of snow Tuesday into Wednesday. It's not bad;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.