Skip to main content
Topic: intro from WI (Read 2161 times) previous topic - next topic

intro from WI

X

X

X
been lurking around for awhile and finaly decided to stop in an introduce myself.

currently driving/rebuilding an '85 base 3.8 tbird.
this is my fourth bird and beat myself when I think about my previous 3(a '78 351m with t-tops,a '83 tc 5spd and a '87 5.0 5spd.)

all were great cars but being in the land of beer,cheese and heavily salted roads all came to one drastic end or another.

so last year I came across my current bird, 78k org. miles unmolested
and best of all rust free for the most part. and felt like I stole when the owner said 800 takes it.

so now the fun begins. starting next week I'm pulling the motor and rebuilding from the bottom(porting and polishing heads and intake while I have it apart) and sending the tranny in for a rebuild.

so anyways I came across this sight while looking for modification ideas and parts for my bird .
'85 tbird base 3.8 auto full power on the interior.
to do list- motor rebuild, swap in disc's for the rear and???????????:birdsmily:

intro from WI

Reply #1
Welcome! And I may as well be the first one to post it:

:ttiwwp:
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

intro from WI

Reply #2
Welcome!  You are in the right place, if you can;t find it here if can't be found.

BRING ON THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!:rollin:
John

intro from WI

Reply #3
Welcome aboard.Now,down to business....When you're speaking of a rebuild,does that mean you're keeping the 3.8,or bumping up to a 5.0?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

intro from WI

Reply #5
Where did the 5.0 5 speed car come from?Sounds like someone put a little effort into it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

intro from WI

Reply #6
I'll snap a few of the current bird today,unfortunately nothing of the older cars and they are long gone.

yes I will be keeping the 3.8,had thought of dropping in a 5.0 but was convinced to keep it orig.(by brother/mechanic) so we'll rebuild the motor and add any upgrades along the way that we can find.

the '87 5.0 5spd. was purchased here in sheboygan wi and was built by some local guy,wasn't nearly as nice as it sounds.it was a tc that blew it's motor and the guy dropped in a carbed 5.0.it was a hack job and I decided to get rid of it before I got to deep into it.
to do list- motor rebuild, swap in disc's for the rear and???????????:birdsmily:

intro from WI

Reply #7
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

intro from WI

Reply #9
welcome.  where in wi are you located?
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

intro from WI

Reply #10
very nice. im surprised its in that nice of shape for the winters out there.
welcome!
eddie

my rides well some of them work:hick:

1995 towncar in black 246 K non running
1989 continental 110K waiting for a part
1984 cougar head gaskets done almost ready!
Yikes the daily ride ...1998 chevy lumina:hick:

intro from WI

Reply #11
Quote from: croga001;308639
welcome.  where in wi are you located?

living in sheboygan.

intro from WI

Reply #12
X

intro from WI

Reply #13
Welcome
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

intro from WI

Reply #14
you are darn close to me
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab