Skip to main content
Topic: New guy from East Tennessee (Read 1924 times) previous topic - next topic

New guy from East Tennessee

Hi guys I recently bought my 5th 83-88 bird the first 4 were Turbo Coupes This one  is a 5.0
 I had a Mark VII LSC for a couple of years as well as numerous Fox Stangs
 My true love is the classic stangs 
 But the Fox platform makes great daily drivers
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2
I like it.  Looks like a great color combo

Reply #3
Nice bird man. Love the 8 holes. You guys getting a lot of snow right now in Maryville ?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #4
welcome from the lower SE corner of TN
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #5
Thanks everyone , and yes it is snowing pretty good here
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #6
Its getting pretty bad here. Had to walk to the store because I couldn't get my car up the hill to my house if I went down it......... Got any plans for the ol' bird?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #7
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;308383
Its getting pretty bad here. Had to walk to the store because I couldn't get my car up the hill to my house if I went down it......... Got any plans for the ol' bird?

It was quite neglected so I am working through all the gremlins first
 I do want a Turbo coupe hood for it eventually  maybe some different wheels
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #8
Welcome New Guy from East Tennessee! Your about 1/2 hour from where we'll be living when we move down there. If all goes well, we'll be in Lenoir City.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #9
Hey, I just found this thread, welcome, the car looks good!

Reply #10
Welcome from Sparta. I think I saw that one on craigslist, was it the one that needed an alternator?
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #11
Quote from: 5.0 bird;308441
Welcome from Sparta. I think I saw that one on craigslist, was it the one that needed an alternator?

Yes , but the alternator was the least of its troubles :)
 He had started out asking 1800 I ended up giving him 400 :cool:
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #12
Quote from: hypostang;308387
It was quite neglected so I am working through all the gremlins first
 I do want a Turbo coupe hood for it eventually  maybe some different wheels

pullapart in knoxville has a 87-88 T/C with hood and nose up there. if you act quick you can probly get everything you want:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;308552
pullapart in knoxville has a 87-88 T/C with hood and nose up there. if you act quick you can probly get everything you want:D

Thanks for the heads up , I was there the other day

Scoops are gone out of the hood there , I already have the passenger door glass and a few other things off that car :D
 Thy also have an 86 cougar with a nice light gray interior that I grabbed some stuff off
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #14
Quote from: hypostang;308558
Thanks for the heads up , I was there the other day

Scoops are gone out of the hood there , I already have the passenger door glass and a few other things off that car :D
 Thy also have an 86 cougar with a nice light gray interior that I grabbed some stuff off

ah didnt know it had just been put out when i had got there only thing missing was the trans :punchballs: i shoulda got the 8.8:punchballs: x2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]