Skip to main content
Topic: Rear window moulding (Read 505 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear window moulding

How hard is it to find the snap in moulding around the rear backlite  for an 88 Sport or LX  ?
 Does anyone have one for a reasonable amount of money ?
Fox-less at the moment

Rear window moulding

Reply #2
Will do ... so far one 88 TC is all I could find
Fox-less at the moment

Rear window moulding

Reply #3
check with your local auto glass installers, one told me they had a universal one that was close.
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow

Rear window moulding

Reply #4
are you talking about the aluminum trim around the window?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Rear window moulding

Reply #5
Quote from: daminc;308324
are you talking about the aluminum trim around the window?

yes and no
From what I understand 87 and 88 sport and lx models use a one piece snap in molding  similar to later ford models not the multi piece aluminum trim that was used for half a century or better
 This is my first "aero bird " so I am leaning as I go
 My prior birds were as follows in order that I owned them  84 TC, 86TC, 83TC and 85 TC
Fox-less at the moment

Rear window moulding

Reply #6
Ahh yes..... I don't have that one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Rear window moulding

Reply #7
I have been trying to find one in good shape for years. The ones I have seen at wrecking yards were in worse shape than mine . I ended up buying the TC trim from (86caprirs) grinding the hooks off the trim and setting it in place with silicone till I find the correct kind.

Rear window moulding

Reply #9

It is , but I only paid 400 for my whole car and that is a little too rich for my blood ...........lol
Fox-less at the moment

Rear window moulding

Reply #10

I bought one of these from this seller. The factory ones (Black) dry up and actually kind of shrink . I know it costs a lot but you wont regret it if you get it.