Skip to main content
Topic: WTB Window Channels and Grill for 86 T-Bird (Read 414 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB Window Channels and Grill for 86 T-Bird

I am looking for a set of good rubber/felt window channels for a non=vent window 86 Thunderbird. 

Also looking for a pristine 85-86 Grill.

Please let me know what you have.

Mark

Reply #1
theres an 86 cougar in the local yard with the parts your asking for.  if you get alittle more specific I can grab them next time I go there.  sorry no grill

Reply #2
Hey 88Turbo, what color is that 86 Cougar?  The only reason I ask is that somebody stole my parts car from the side of my house in Wichita.  I live in Vegas so I couldnt do much about it.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #3
88 Turbo:  The window channels on my car are cracked, chaulky and have some bad air leaks.  Finding a good set is tough given the age and amount of sun exposure these cars have had.  If the ones on the yard are solid, let me know what you'd like for them. 

They're pretty easy to pull. 

Thanks

Reply #4
loaded87iroc - this was a daily driver 5.0 car dark blueish from the Arkansas City area.

86t-bird - if you can get me a pic of exactly what your after I will check and see if they are any good.  thanks

Reply #5
Thanks.  The last time my XR7 was seen it was on a trailer headed south on Broadway/Hwy 81 in Haysville, but it doesnt sound like thats it.  Only the body was left, interior and engine were already transferred into my other, just makes me mad that someone would take something that was clearly not theirs.  Thanks again.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #6
yeah that would make me mad also, the City here was trying to tell me that I had to either tag my red 88TC or get rid of it. I told them to shove it.  its still sitting in my driveway.

Reply #7
I have a couple of grills from 83-86 tbirds....
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow