Skip to main content
Topic: Droool - MaxJax. Portable Two Post Lift! (Read 2749 times) previous topic - next topic

Droool - MaxJax. Portable Two Post Lift!

I wan't of these soo bad.  I dream of the day I can have a full size lift.  Perhaps this will hold me over.  Drooool.

http://dannmar.com/dannmar-products/two-post-lifts/maxjax.html
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

Reply #1
I need a thicker garage floor.... and $2500
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #2
I turned down a free 2 post lift last spring
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
:confused: May I ask why?
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #4
Not high enough(yes i know it's for small height rooms).
Try pulling a trans or engine at that height on your knees,ouch.

Reply #5
I agree, way to low for a lift.
I passed up a full height 2 post lift, only because I had nowhere to store it. and I still don't have a bay to put it in, where the posts wouldn't be in the way of moving a car around. Plus they're a pain to get in, and out of a car, so everyday garage parking would be a pain in the butt. the last time I took the vert to my friends garage, I almost couldn't get the door open enough to get out of the car. If I need a lift that bad, I'll take it to a shop.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
I thought the same-if you read the specs it says it will go up to 76" inches=6'4".  That should be more than enough room unless youre built like the Jolly green giant.

Reply #7
wonder what my ex cab 01 ford 4x4 weighs? over 6000

Reply #8
hmmm. How can it go up higher then the post height?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
the specs sheet
Max Lift Height (Pad only): 45" / 1143 mm.
Max Lift Height (With 3" Adapter): 48" / 1219 mm.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
You're right-I was reading the specs for another unit D92X. 45" is def no good.

Reply #11
but I see that for $300 more at a diff web page, you can get a full height lift.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #12
I don't have the ceiling clearance to get to a full height.  Who says you have to go to the top to do work anyhow?  I would probably raise it up a foot or so and work from my creeper for trans work.  Exhausts and oil changes could go all the way up.  I'm just pretty tired of jackstands and jacks.  I'm just dreaming.  Some day I will build a shop with a full height lift.  Thats the dream at least.
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

Reply #13
I purchased my lift from this company

http://www.asedeals.com/two_post_lifts.html

And I see they have this lift with lots of pictures here, also a little cheaper at $2,172 with free shipping.  But I sure do not like the max lift; but it is better than any jack.

http://www.asedeals.com/two-post-lifts-MaxJax.html

Lots of other lifts listed on the web-site.  They were also nice to deal with and when you call them sometimes they take a little off their listed price.

TED

Reply #14
For lack of overhead clearance, I think the coolest solution is going european/old school. Like my dad did recently in his garage. Instead of lifting the car.. dig a pit to get underneath the car. Him and my brother, and I dug a pit,16 feet long and 5 feet deep and then he poured a 3" concrete wall. covers it with planks of wood when it's not in use. Works like a charm.

He even put up mirrors on the wall and painted the outside yellow so you can see exacty where your wheels are when you're driving up over it: