Skip to main content
Topic: what a day (Read 1725 times) previous topic - next topic

what a day

I was woke up to a phone call from my mother...my uncle was found in his home, passed away. I'm ok with it, mostly. He was sick, had been for awhile, and lived alone, no wife or kids.

Well, some other stuff took place this afternoon....pretty heartbreaking. I don't wanna talk about it here in public, at least not right. It's still soaking in I guess.

If i'm gone a few days or weeks, or however long it is, know i'm safe, not hurt, and  sure not doing something stupid.
You guys are like family and i hate walking away with stuff unsaid...but i gotta get my head on straight with some family issues before i can really deal with car stuff...not saying i wont pop on occasionally...but my priorities are screwed up.

this is the worst thing to ever have happened, and the one thing I ha hoped never would.

i'll be back...sometime...peace, love and happiness to all.
Beau
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

what a day

Reply #1
Good luck and God speed.I hope whatever it is works itself out in a positive way.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

what a day

Reply #2
I can understand. I went through that last year with my dad passing away
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

what a day

Reply #3
Prayers for you and your family Beau,  you know your like family to me anyways.  hang in there and take care.  you know how to get ahold of me if you need me I'm always here for you.

what a day

Reply #4
My prayers for you. Hang in there, and if you ever need a place to get away, were all here for you. :) Hang in there, we will be here when live allows you to come back.

what a day

Reply #5
Take care man! And don't forget you got a good group of guys here that are behind you.

what a day

Reply #6
We're always here. Hope it all works out for the best.

Tomorrow is always a new day, Tomorrow is never promised.
1986 Cougar LS

what a day

Reply #7
will be thinking of ya beau..  we are all here for ya... its like the insane family here that u wish you had :-)

what a day

Reply #8
hang in there Beau, you know we're all here for you man.

what a day

Reply #9
hang in there beau we all will be here when you get back and i know how it is i still miss my grandfather after almost 4 yrs since he has passed.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

what a day

Reply #10
Well, I'm back. Thanks for the kinds words everyone, they mean more more than you know. :bowdown:

Ummm, I'll elaborate on the other situation, but just a little..
Nicole left me for reasons I'll not go into, but we talked a little bit of the course of the day (Friday) and after some communication, she came back home.

I'm not really one to air dirty laundry in public, but she brought some things to my attention that I needed to focus on more than a Thunderbird or a website. So while;) I may not be so visible here or on Facebook, I'm only a text or a message away.

My uncle had a very nice service, and it was good to see family that is far away, even though the cirspoogestances totally blew horsenuts.
Anywho, there's my last 5 days in a nutshell, and it's amazing how much better you feel after a good night's sleep. I need to start taking better care of ME before I'm the next one in a casket.

Thanks again guys...I'm happy to call you all friends.:bowdown:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

what a day

Reply #11
I'm glad to see things are working out for you. You just got to be willing to listen and so does she, as long as you have communication you'll be able to work through most anything. I've had alot of adjusting to do in my life and I'm still working on it. I've lived alone for the past 15 years, I didn't even date much during that time until I met Sharrie, we're going on 2 years this march. She moved in back in june and I couldn't be happier, but it's not been all that easy for me because I'm used to everything my way, so now I've been having to compromise. Luckily she's been patient with me and loves me enough to give me some space when need be. It just comes down to communication. I think that's about the best advise I could give you. Take care man.

what a day

Reply #12
Yep,glad to see you're doing O.K..I also like the Bird and the forums,but,I always put family first,then my stuff.I am here often,but with the chica and kids more.Take it easy,get your priorities right,and then,we'll see you here.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

what a day

Reply #13
Hang in there. Problems in life have a way of acspoogeulating before you know it. You will decide whats best.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

what a day

Reply #14
our thoughts and prayers are with you .God is never far
away when you need him.just stop to call . family and friends
mean the world especially the older you get[like me]. nice
to have a family atmosphere here too.thats what i like about
this place--irv and joyce