Skip to main content
Topic: I finished my first performance mod (Read 1931 times) previous topic - next topic

I finished my first performance mod

It's a small one, but it's a start. :) Other than sticky tires, I've never done any performance modifications to a car, and never to an engine. So I'm pretty excited.

I R BE MORE FASTER!! :hick:

And Bird351, don't worry, I have every intention of boxing that peice in so I won't be pulling hot air into the engine. ;)

And for the rest of you, just ignore the fact that I have no inner fender wells.

I have a question though. What is that reservior that comes off the rubber intake elbow fro the original air box to the VAM? Does it pull moisture and dirt away from the system that gets past the filter? Now it's just left disconected, and runs great without, but I don't want to drive it until I know it's safe.

*edit*
btw, it's the 6" K&N cone.

Re: I finished my first performance mod

Reply #1
that little resivoir is the charcoal canister, it purges gas tank fumes into the intake track

i have mine disconnected also

reminds me that i need to clean my K&N
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
and bypass that BCS
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #3
Aye aye, cap'n!

Reply #4
youll make 15-17psi, and itll be consistant through each gear, youll like it :D
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
And I have a backup vehicle for when (not even if) the hg goes kablooey. :D

Reply #6
Man, when I first looked at that pic I stared at the intercooler a full minute before I realized the mod was a cone filter.  I'm here thinking "'87's already had Intercoolers from the factory!  What the hell!?"

Reply #7
Heh. I suppose I could have mentioned exactly WHAT I modified. :crazy:

Reply #8
see, i have a cone filter too

and i painted my IC and bracket, the same color as my wheels, and my radiator brackets, but you cant really tell because my camera takes it in the butt
It's Gumby's fault.