Skip to main content
Topic: mcdonalds record,, Goodwill Score (Read 1357 times) previous topic - next topic

mcdonalds record,, Goodwill Score

found this at a local goodwill in covington va today.  It was inside some old records and cassetts / 8 tracks.

Anyone remember these?  if it sings the whole big mac ingredients then your a winner.  I was in my first year in the navy and barely remember this promotion.

wonder if its worth anything.

Reply #1
Hey!!!! Covington is getting really close to me. I spend a lot of time in Bath County.
...and there was light!

Reply #2
I'll bet it's worth the vinyl it's made from.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
1989, I'm amazed it's not a cassette.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #4
Quote from: T-BirdX3;304532
Hey!!!! Covington is getting really close to me. I spend a lot of time in Bath County.

Yeah, i worked for dominion power up at the hydroelectric plant for a time.

Reply #5
Quote from: 5.0 bird;304549
1989, I'm amazed it's not a cassette.

naw,, they were in the meals you bought back then. One place in memphis (since this is where i remember it) had an on site player you could run them on.

Reply #6
That cool to see something like that, I am guessing most were thrown out years ago. I am sure it is worth something to someone, there are a lot of people who collect McD's memorabilia these days. I remember several years back at a flea market there was a guy selling older toys from the happy meals for some good bucks.
1985 T'Bird 5.0
1987 Cougar 3.8
1992 T'bird Sport 5.0 HO

Reply #7
Did you win?! ;)
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #8
LOL, I vividly remember those.....Like a flash back.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #9
I have a stack of old guitar magazines from the mid to late '80s. Some of them have notation for playing a song with an appended record just like that. I imagine the record plays a very simple scale or rhythm. There's a spot on the record that reads, "If slipping, place a coin here."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
Quote from: TheEskimo;304562
That cool to see something like that, I am guessing most were thrown out years ago. I am sure it is worth something to someone, there are a lot of people who collect McD's memorabilia these days. I remember several years back at a flea market there was a guy selling older toys from the happy meals for some good bucks.

i have disney happy meal toys from back when disney started thier trend of all those movies back in the early 90's.  sealed up and new.

also have the neatest  one,, a magnetic base that holds a star wars craft.  the starwars craft has a magnet also.  the poles on the magnets are opposite so the craft hovers above the base.

Reply #11
Anybody remember when the BigMac song first came out and if you could sing it you got a free BigMac?  It was one per family, so my brother and I learned it backwards also.  One of us would sing it regular and the other would sing it backwards for two free BigMacs. 35 years later, I can still sing it backwards...I bet he can too.

Reply #12
I would have hated to be an employee back then... Having to listen to person after person stumble through that song... ugh.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #13
Quote from: jcassity;304584
i have disney happy meal toys from back when disney started thier trend of all those movies back in the early 90's.  sealed up and new.

also have the neatest  one,, a magnetic base that holds a star wars craft.  the starwars craft has a magnet also.  the poles on the magnets are opposite so the craft hovers above the base.

I have all the happy meal toys, from Star Trek the motion picture...lol.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #14
I bought a Bloom County book back in the late 80's that had a record like that included in the book. The book was "Billy and the Boingers Bootleg". A major story arc in the strip was when Steve Dallas formed the fictional heavy metal band "Deäthtöngue" and then changed the name of the band to "Billy and the Boingers" after church groups complained about the band being unwholesome. The band lineup was Bill the Cat (lead electric tongue), Opus (electric tuba), Hodge Podge (drums) and Steve Dallas (lead singer). The record had two "Boinger" songs on it: U stink but I U and I'm a Boinger. They were truly horrible songs...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣