Skip to main content
Topic: Needing parts for 5.0 HO Swap (Read 779 times) previous topic - next topic

Needing parts for 5.0 HO Swap

I would like to find a tbird or cougar 5.0 wiring harness and would also like to buy motor mounts from a 5.0 bird or cougar
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #1
I've heard that the '88 5.0 Thunderbird/Cougar is the harness to have.Motor mounts are getting hard to find.I need to start grabbing them at the yards when I see them.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
What year 5.0 harness you need?  I have an 87 one if that will work for you.

Reply #3
Not to sound like a dick but can't you still get new motor mounts at Vato Zone or Advance???

Either way doing a K-member swap to the 84 V8 style (think stang mounts is the way to go).
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #4
You can get the cushions for the mounts,but the actual brackets that bolt to the car are not available.....unless you find them from an individual or a salvage yard.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
What year is this car getting the swap?

Reply #6
Quote from: vinnietbird;304123
You can get the cushions for the mounts,but the actual brackets that bolt to the car are not available.....unless you find them from an individual or a salvage yard.

Ahhh thanks for the clarity.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #7
I'll have a brand new set of cushions for sale after my engine swap....whenever that will be.maybe sooner if I can get my mounts swapped out soon.I need a decent temp outside to do so.

Reply #8
The swap is going into an 87 TC
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #9
Oh ya I would also need the fuel lines from the filter to the motor. Do I have to use a 5.0 bird drive shaft or will my 2.3 t5 shaft work? How much difference would there be if I used the k member out of the car I am getting the motor out of (86 mustang capri)
87 TC

Reply #10
OK update to what I am still needing
Fuel lines from a 5.0L bird from the fuel filter up to the fuel rails
throttle/cruise cable
would like a 255 fule pump if anyone has one laying around
9al massair computer
mass air conversion harness
87 TC

Reply #11
Got a 9ap, the harness I can make for you.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #12
Quote from: bigbada1;305217
OK update to what I am still needing
Fuel lines from a 5.0L bird from the fuel filter up to the fuel rails
throttle/cruise cable might have
would like a 255 fule pump if anyone has one laying around have a drop in assembly with 255
9al massair computer have one
mass air conversion harness

I will send you a pm.

Reply #13
I have a cruise cable...look at my "for sale" stuff in the For sale section.

Reply #14
The throttle and cruise cable are two seperate cables, right?