Skip to main content
Topic: which would you do?? (Read 1350 times) previous topic - next topic

which would you do??

:evilgrin: o.k. here it goes right now i've got the '84 bird with the p.o.s. addition throttle body 5.0L . it's dying fast!!  :flame:  :toilet: so now i've hit an interesting point, after making a trip to the bone yard for options. while there i found an '88 with fuel injection(yes i understand that throttle bodys are fuel injection and i also understand that there are throttle bodys on fuel injection cars!)that is a great running motor in a wrecked t- bird :rollin: . the other thing that i found is a HO in a LSC unknown condition :flip: . now the LSC has been in the yard for quite a while and nobodys picked up this motor so im not thinking good thoughts. now my question is i can get the working 5.0L ,and the wiring harness, and all the goodies for $250.00, the HO i can get at the same or maybe less depending on condition.(yes i know the conversion between what i have now and either motor is no small undertaking).would it be better in the long run to get  the working regular 5.0L or rebuild the HO if the motor's even salvagable  :confused: or is ther a way to rebuild what i have now and convert it to an HO morfed thing :wtf: ? and if i can convert it what all and i do mean ALLwould i need to get off the LSC to get the conversion to work? :welder:  :eek:

thanks
raser13
A.K.A roger phillips
I love it when a plan comes together!!!-Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Re: which would you do??

Reply #1
well if you already have the v8 and your swapping to the multiport injection version, you going to need the computer from the multiport and motor anyway, so IMO, why not just go HO. their better motors anyway and its gonna make you happier i think. i had the multiport 5.0 in my car and putting in the HO was a breez. only reason it took so long for me is because i changed the tranny and k member to, but you dont need to do that.

Re: which would you do??

Reply #2
for the bit of extra work i say go with a rebuilt HO. you will probably have to rebuild the SO anyway once you start running it.