Skip to main content
Topic: Tiny Screws (Read 2051 times) previous topic - next topic

Tiny Screws

Does anyone know where and if it's possible to get the tiny-ass screws that hold the TFI module on.  I managed to lose both of mine.

Re: Tiny Screws

Reply #1
go to the salvage yard and find any ford that uses a tfi and take'em they will work. Or head into a parts store and have them pull any tfi dizzy and get the thread size and ptich and buy some where you buy your bolts.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #2
home depot ;) you can get them in allen head and will work fine if you can't find the stock ones..
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #3
I'm thinking I'll go to the JY.  Dunno why that didn't occur to me earlier.

Reply #4
-if you have no luck, you can go to your ford dealer and order part # n801293-s36.  these are the factory screws....
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #5
HOME DEPOT or if you have a real local hardware store that is where i went for all my missing bolts and what not.

Reply #6
Try Fastenal, they deal in commerical hardware, they do retail as well.

Reply #7
i would never consider reinstalling the hex head screws again.  I used phillups self tappers......
but...
the allen head like mentioned is ideal for getting them tighter so your tfi base ground is in good contact.