Skip to main content
Topic: How do I get my car to a part of the banner (Read 1598 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I get my car to a part of the banner

Just Curious... How can I make my sons car part of the banner at the top?

His car..
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/biggrgivens/ryans%20TC%20pics%20new/ryanscarpassthreequarter.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/biggrgivens/ryans%20TC%20pics%20new/ryanscarpassside.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/biggrgivens/ryans%20TC%20pics%20new/ryanscardriversideb.jpg
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Reply #1
beautiful car!
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #3
Can you be my dad??? that thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #4
Won't be after he cuts a big hole in the firewall(still trying to stop him from doing so).

Reply #5
whys he doing that!!!!
And if you shag it all up, ill buy it PLEASE for parts!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #6
Quote from: dominator;302390
Won't be after he cuts a big hole in the firewall(still trying to stop him from doing so).

time for an INTERVENTION!!! :hick::hick:
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #7
LOL! This car actually has a nice new heater core. That was the deciding factor when I bought it. I am going to do it on my 86 TC. It gonna look nice truuuuuuuuuuuust me :)
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Reply #8
oh... well that's good then. i was thinking the worst...
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #9
Quote from: RDOG;302418
I am going to do it on my 86 TC.

Gonna do what? Cut a hole in the firewall to access the heater core?
Weld/rivet/epoxy/hinge/other wise attach the cut-off piece back over it?

If so, what about the heater box....is there enough room to do it like that?...

Just tryin to understand why I guess, pulling a dash is NOT that bad lol;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #10
Don't quite understand myself.it takes under 3hrs to do with hand tools,why waste the cutting time and hacking up an 86TC.

Reply #11
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;302425
Gonna do what? Cut a hole in the firewall to access the heater core?
Weld/rivet/epoxy/hinge/other wise attach the cut-off piece back over it?

If so, what about the heater box....is there enough room to do it like that?...

Just tryin to understand why I guess, pulling a dash is NOT that bad lol;)

My interior is perfect, and my dash has absolutely no cracks. I dont want to take the risk of damaging it. I plan to cut a rectangular hole big just enough to remove the heater core. Then cut the heater core box open with a dremel and seal box up with some RTV after new heater core install. I have purchased a section of a TC that will be used as a patch panel. I am going to smoothen edges of the the patch panel, and drill holes in it. Then I will use sheet metal screws and screw the plate in and also use the bracket that holds the AC evaporator as additional support. My firewall is black and the section will be painted the same to match it. That way anytime the heater core goes bad, I can just unscrew the heater patch plate, and pull that leaky b*tch out.

Plus additionally in the long run it will save me money, because the car wont have 8 hours of downtime, I wont have to refill AC with costly freon, and I wont have to cuss up a storm because I have a hand full of screws that I have no idea where they go:)

Reply #12
If done correctly you will not damage the dash.
The dash in my TC is mint and is still mint after doing the core.
The dash does not need to be removed from the car just swung to the side.
Eric has a very good writeup with pics of where every bolt is and how to do it correctly.
There is no 8 hrs of downtime,4-5 tops if your inexperienced with hand tools.
1-3 if your good with them,don't let this job scare you and take what you think is the easy road because i will assure you it is not.
Once the core is replace you should not have to do it again for many many years therefore no reason for an easy access cover is necessary.
The core will not slide out like you think(or in for that matter)after the box being cut and you may very well damage the internal workings of the box and have a HUGE mess to deal with after(heater controls not working,cut up car etc).
I'm not tryin to dis you here man just trying to save you heartaches of doing something silly and having a giant mess you cannot repair after you are done.
Not to mention the heater core is very delicate(as many have found out)and may be damaged while trying to install it in a hole you cut.
You will also have air leakage issues with a cut up box that will be difficult to seal.
The only thing you cannot get away from doing this the proper way is the a/c drain and fill which is not very expensive.
To me this whole plan sounds like the cheap and easy way it out which is not the right one.
Do yourself a favor and search the net for the hackery some people have done to try this and the problems they encountered.
P.s. If you value any resale in your cars do not do this,i know myself personally would never buy a car where someone cut a big hole in it.

Reply #13
Ditto dominator.

It's not hard.  Undo the dash and do it right.  You won't regret it.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Reply #14
That car used to be grey right? Looks sweet, aside from the hood being shimmed up.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~