Skip to main content
Topic: My Cat (Read 1307 times) previous topic - next topic

My Cat

...As in the live one.

He's not doing too well.  Sleeping constantly, not eating, weight loss, muscle loss.....Taking him to the vet tomorrow.  I have no faith.  His mother went out the same way.  She was under 10.  Pancreas issue.  Chances of survival if it IS the same are VERY slim.  I fear it's the same thing and I have a feeling that I'll be saying goodbye tomorrow......

He's 11.  I watched his birth.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

My Cat

Reply #1
That sucks bad.I hope it works out.I know how they are part of the family.If anything ever happens to Chloe (my own cub),I won't take it easily.She's daddy's girl.I didn't see her birth,but I got her when she was 5 weeks old and sickly from the shelter.She's 6 now.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My Cat

Reply #2
Hope for the best, and be prepared for the worst, and if that's the case, find comfort in knowing you provided what i'm sure was a loving and caring home...but you reading this won't make it any easier.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

My Cat

Reply #3
I know your pain, I had to put down my 3 18yo cats with in the same year due to kidny failure.  Be strong, but know its ok sometimes to ball like a baby when its necessary.  When my chihuahua Duke had a stroke, I literally did 90+mph through a parkinglot going to the vet.  When they put him down I sat in front of the vet on the curb and wept.  Infact I still get choked up thinking about it.  Best wishes for you and your fuzzy friend.

My Cat

Reply #4
Took him over to the vet at 2.  Was told to call for an update at 5.
The vet seems to think it may be an adrenal gland issue.  The test came back negative for Pancreatitus.  another test shows he's been in contact with the feline leukemia virus, but does not have feline leukemia.  Wish I knew more about this adrenal thing.  Apparently it's a newer discovery as far as cats & dogs are concerned.....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

My Cat

Reply #5
Sad to hear. I know the feeling.  I'll pray he get's better.

My Cat

Reply #6
8/15/1998 -- 12/23/2009

I was with him at the end.

My Cat

Reply #7
Quote from: V8Demon;303735
8/15/1998 -- 12/23/2009

I was with him at the end.
Sorry Paul ...:(

My Cat

Reply #8
Sorry to hear that, Paul
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

My Cat

Reply #9
Sorry to hear that.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

My Cat

Reply #10
Sorry Paul, was just thinking earlier how I'd feel if one of ours was terminally ill, both are between 5-6 years old, hopefully they'll be around a long time yet...

My Cat

Reply #11
Awww dude...that's sad to hear.

"Rainbow Bridge. Not lost, just waiting in a different place."

:( I know it doesn't make it hurt any less though.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

My Cat

Reply #12
Sorry to here that Paul. Had to put one of mine down a couple of weeks ago,after spending 1500 hundred on it to no avail.Kidney issue's.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

My Cat

Reply #13
Sorry man.  Plenty of pet owners here understand what it means to lose a pet.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

My Cat

Reply #14
Sorry to hear of your loss. I had to have my cat put down 5 years ago and it still hurts when I think about her. But I now have twin gray calecoes, I've had them for a year now and they've really brought a joy back into my life. They've been great company for me since I've been laid off as well. Give yourself time to heal then when you feel ready get another one or two, it really does help to ease the pain.