Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo Head (Read 483 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo Head

Looking for a bare cylinder head for a Turbo Coupe? Any leads will be appreciated as well?

Thanks
Troy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1988 Turbo Coupe 19psi ,K&N Cone TurboBack 3in Exhaust , Ported Big Valve Head w/ Bo 1.5 , Stinger short throw

Turbo Head

Reply #1
Honestly, start with an N/A casting. You can still find one of those that hasn't started cracking yet. Just smooth out the sharp edges in the combustion chambers and call it a day. You can elect to have hardened exhaust seats put it, which really isn't a bad idea. I'm guessing your head cracked between the valves, or across the exhaust valve seat?
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Turbo Head

Reply #2
I have a bare turbo head that has been vated and fluxed with no cracks if your interested
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Turbo Head

Reply #3
PM sent
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1988 Turbo Coupe 19psi ,K&N Cone TurboBack 3in Exhaust , Ported Big Valve Head w/ Bo 1.5 , Stinger short throw

Turbo Head

Reply #4
I have a bare head that was fluxed and has a hairline crack through the #3 exhaust port, possibly okay if your going to big valves.  Possibly a boat anchor.  If your interested shoot me a PM.

Turbo Head

Reply #5
Ive got a complete 88 t/c head,no cracks,low miles
located at 47331