Skip to main content
Topic: The v8 Rumble (Read 1554 times) previous topic - next topic

The v8 Rumble

Got my exhaust on over the weekend.  Man wat a pain in the ass. Took  me and my friend close to 8 hours over a span of 2 days to put it on.

Had trouble w/ the exhaust from before. Had to do some hackin on the driver's side motor mount. Lots of fun... ha. (and burnt fingers)

But anyways... now she's loud. I got her inspected a day before so I have a year of cat free restriction!!

Headers, h pipe, flows, chrome tips baby. 2.5" pipe all the way I love it.

I'll get some updated pics soon. But have to work all week to get my hours before I go to carlisle for 3 days. Later guys! Just had to vent my latest thrill.

Re: The v8 Rumble

Reply #1
Sheesh!  Those '87+ cars must be more complicated than my old '85.  It took me about 8 hours by myself going from all stock exhaust over to the duals, from headers back to lers.

Reply #2
Luckily all my manifold bolts came out. My suggestion to anyone who does this or is thinkin about doing this. Let your car run for about 15 minutes. Take a quick drive. Come back to your garage and spray any type of rust off (I used liquid wrench) and spray onto hot manifold bolts. Then from there while its hot (yes burned many times) then they turn right out. I heard many horror stories of having to pull the engine to tap and drill out the broken off bolts.

But anyways, the majority of the time came from matching the components of the hpipe to my older setup of the tailpipes and lers. Extensions were used after the h pipe to attach to the lers.

Also had trouble with the motor mount drivers side.  Luckily my friend had a nice garage and good tools so he plasma cut the mount. Then the studs were too long on the headers to fit around the steering shaft. So other modifications were made.

I bought last night a longer smog tube and O2 extensions since they didn't fit to the factory.  I hope that after hooking those two things up tonight I'll notice some gains. BUt its running rich and the power is the same. Nothing increased other then the sound.,

Reply #3
When is carlisle?