Skip to main content
Topic: What's up with CHE? (Read 2586 times) previous topic - next topic

What's up with CHE?

Hello,

Been a couple months since I have posted.

I'm getting ready to swap in a '88 TC rear-end into the '87 Xr7.
I've installed new discs and calipers and royal purple fluid plus a Krylon appearance rebuild.:hick:

I ordered the CHE upper and lower control arms a little over a month and a half ago or so. After about 2 weeks I called and they said they were behind and would have them out in the next week. A couple weeks later I called and they said their guy that welds quit. It's been almost three more weeks and still nothing! I'm waiting on these things so I can get the rear-end in before it gets too cold.

I don't know what's up, but I'm about ready to call them up and say forget it!
Only in America do we use the word "politics" to describe the process so well: "POLI" in latin meaning "many", "TICS" meaning "bloodsucking creatures".

What's up with CHE?

Reply #1
Most manufacturing facilities are running at 20% right now, you need to bear with them. They are just trying to do their job ;)

What's up with CHE?

Reply #2
you need to bear with them.
No he doesn't and shouldn't have to. They need to be up front with availability. No parts? Don't take the guys money and/or at least let the guy know they are "back ordered".
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

What's up with CHE?

Reply #3
Quote from: 86XR7project;298449
They are just trying to do their job ;)

Doesn't seem like it to me. :grinno:
Only in America do we use the word "politics" to describe the process so well: "POLI" in latin meaning "many", "TICS" meaning "bloodsucking creatures".

What's up with CHE?

Reply #4
when i ordered in july it took them about a month to two months to make my double adjustable uppers and adjustable ride height lowers.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

What's up with CHE?

Reply #5
These are specialty parts, not off the shelf pieces. You really don't have many other options. I would ride it out for a bit, but keep harassing them.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

What's up with CHE?

Reply #6
These are specialty parts, not off the shelf pieces.
Do they state/represent them as such?

~John~

What's up with CHE?

Reply #7
Quote from: Haystack;298503
These are specialty parts, not off the shelf pieces. You really don't have many other options. I would ride it out for a bit, but keep harassing them.

I know. I'll just be patient a bit longer. Just a little frustrated. :disappoin

What's up with CHE?

Reply #8
How many people buy these compared to mustangs? I'll bet just about anyone who ever has bought some is a member her or was at some time or another. It wouldn't make alot of sense to build these in batches of 50 if only 5 are going to sell.

At least that is what I would think.

I would just call them every couple of days.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

What's up with CHE?

Reply #9
That isn't the point. If they are made to order that's cool and certainly understandable, but when ordering, make it known so. Obviously the OP was unaware of them being either back ordered or made to order.

~John~

What's up with CHE?

Reply #10
I didn't have to wait long for mine.  thanks Shame 302 he even had them powdercoated for me :D

What's up with CHE?

Reply #11
I'll have some one day.I have a list of stuff to accomplish first.Tint,a/c,engine install,new upholstery work on the seats....blah,blah,blah........
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

What's up with CHE?

Reply #12
I ordered mine about a yr ago. They were on back order also, I'm glad I waited because they made a huge difference. Talk to them maybe they will knock off some money for being late. I know they did for me I think it was like 5%.  It is well worth the wait though.

What's up with CHE?

Reply #13
                                                                      I didn't have to wait long for mine.  thanks Shame 302 he even had them powdercoated for me :D

:burnout:

~John~

What's up with CHE?

Reply #14
How much of a difference do these make?Are they really good?I just got a new pair from Ebay pretty cheap (new with hardware) for the Sport.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..