Skip to main content
Topic: lers (Read 2444 times) previous topic - next topic

lers

what is a nice sounding (cheap) ler? im looking for 2.5 offset single inlet/outlet

what would you recogmend? (sp?)

Re: lers

Reply #2
Hate to burst the bubble on that one, but those sound an awful lot like the ultra-flo's and not the super-turbo's. I've got the super-turbo's on mine and they sound nothing like that. My exhuast was quieter after putting those on compared to before I fixed it. Also the fact that those were on a '99 ram air firebird make's it non-indicative of what it would sound like on your car.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #4
I don't question the writing on the wall, it's just the sound that's betraying it to my ears. :dunno:

Reply #5
eh, yeah its a complete kit.... it might have a different rumble than we are used to but yeah,            do you have them...... do they sound good?

Reply #6
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack
eh, yeah its a complete kit.... it might have a different rumble than we are used to but yeah,            do you have them...... do they sound good?

Yup, bought them when I had the '88 dual setup installed on my '87. As for sounding good, well that's a different story and why I don't believe that sound is accurate. When they pulled my car off the rack after installing them, I couldn't really hear the car running. The lers made my exhaust quieter than before when I had the single falling apart exhaust setup on. I was pretty tee'd off as a result, it's been nearly a year and the mechanics' claims that the fiberglass would decay and make a deeper tone has turned into a load of :bs: . As a result I intend to redo the exhuast with a true dual system and Dynomax Ultra-Flo's. Hope that helps.

Reply #7
yeah thx man btw    i didnt have a bubble to burst ;) im planning on longtube headers and exits out the sides so they might be louder ;) :D

another btw.....super turbos dont have fiberglass

Reply #8
the superturbos do indeed have fiberglass, its just not shown so you can see the design of the ler

remeber on a T/A, they use a crossflow ler, and only one, itll sound nothing like your 5.0 with duals

my buddy had one on his 88 T/A, and it sounded pretty quiet
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
hmmm cool

Reply #10
Summit Racing's own lers...sound awesome, and are cheap at around $19 each. I have them on two of my cars and really like the sound. Would definitely recommend them for those on a budget. Someone makes them for Summit...probably Walker/Dynomax.