Skip to main content
Topic: New to the site, Two 'Bird owner (Read 2271 times) previous topic - next topic

New to the site, Two 'Bird owner

Hi.

Was getting ready to drag out my two T-bird projects, this site looked like the best for info, advice and ideas.

Looks like I was right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

-88 standard V-6 T-Bird, AOD (plans for a V-8 swap, lots of suspension and cosmetic mods, street car)

-87 5.0 LX, AOD (nicely optioned, low milage, been sitting, got it dirt cheap, would like to fix it up mostly stock with some minor  personalized touches)

I'll post more pics after I get them out of the thick and cleaned up a bit.

Reply #1
Welcome! Your are correct, this is THE best site for birds and cougars. Lots of info and great people. That bird looks to be in pretty good shape.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #3
Welcome!  This is a great place and a great bunch of people who have a lot of love for fox 'birds and Cougars.  You are in the right place!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #5
Welcome to the site.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #6
I feel your double angst. 

Welcome aboard.  Yours ain't four-eyed, but they're Foxes.  That'll do.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.

Reply #7
man that is a spitting image of my old sport i just sold. good luck!
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #8
Welcome.  the 5.0L swap in the 3.8L will be easy, I have done that before...  I also swapped a 5 speed in at the same time.  had it up and running in a day.

Reply #9
Welcome:D I have two T-birds as well but one is an MN-12:o
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #10
Thanks all.

Welcome aboard. Yours ain't four-eyed, but they're Foxes. That'll do.

Actually, I have a 4-eyed project too, it just isn't a 'Bird

Welcome. the 5.0L swap in the 3.8L will be easy, I have done that before... I also swapped a 5 speed in at the same time. had it up and running in a day.

Cool! I know who to bug for advice!  ;)

I've actually been up to my eyes in Ford projects lately ('98 & '00 Crown Vic Interceptors, the above '83 ragtop Mustang, a '78 Mustang II Mach-1, '69 1/2 & 70 Mavericks, and a 64 Galaxie 500 2-dr.)....got some Chevies too, but the Blue Ovals have been getting all my time, might as well keep with the theme since I'm already in it.

Thanks again, everyone

Reply #11
Welcome    post some progress pics

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Reply #12
Welcome to the site !

If your not careful, your 2 T-Birds projects might turn into 5  T-Birds projects like me....lol    :D

Post pics of your progress.
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #13
Welcome! You've come to a great site, alot of good people here and alot of knowledge as well. I see your Mav. has a Grabber hood, is it one? My parents had a grabber when I was a kid, I wanted it to be my first car but they felt differently.

Reply #14
Quote from: 83-88T-Bird Guy;297701
Welcome to the site !

If your not careful, your 2 T-Birds projects might turn into 5  T-Birds projects like me....lol    :D

Post pics of your progress.

Somebody say 5 Birds???(at the moment I only have 4)...

BTW Welcome, you'll fit right in...