Skip to main content
Topic: Maybe i finally won one...... (Read 2161 times) previous topic - next topic

Maybe i finally won one......

-it seems that over the years, everytime i've ever bought and sold a vehicle, that ususally, by the time you add purchase price and then what i spend on it to make it correct/better/running, i usually end up wayyyyyyy in the hole.  but we love it anyway!:D  so this past week, i'm looking thru craigslist seeing whats out there, and i come across an old ad for an '86 turbo coupe.  a ladies parents bought it new in '86 and its been in the family ever since. well its for sale or she will trade it for a full size pick up. so the ad's old and i dont have a full size truck to trade. but i do have a old '83 Ranger that was a 1 owner and is still in pretty good shape. its a v6 with automatic. all ive done is clean it up and put a old set of mustang wheels i had in the garage on it. so i email the lady, and send her a pic of the Ranger and say if you havent already sold it or traded, are you interested in this ranger pick up i have?  well she replys immediatly. she still has the car and yes shes interested!!! so we email more pics to each other and tell about the vehicles, etc, etc. she wants to see the truck...so i say ok, and we work out a time of sunday afternoon about halfway inbetween us, as we are about 125 miles apart. so leading up to it, i'm kinda skeptical as the 'bird looks in ALOT better shape than my old truck. so i figure, she'll be like well if u give me the truck and.......:mad: just kinda figure it will be my luck. so we meet, she takes off in the truck, i kinda wait and look over the bird. its VERY clean inside. real good tires. (trucks kinda wore out) clean trunk, fairly clean under the hood, and no oil leaks seen. has some rust issues along the bottom corners of the back glass, but not to bad. drivers door has some rust under the lip and one big spot where the paint is missing under the "turbo coupe" emblem on the door, but overall, not to bad. it is a automatic though....:punchballs: so i go drive it, and it runs well, boosts well. trans never misses or slips.  drives very good, so i turn around and go back to the meeting place.  shes has her husband with her. and i ask.....what do you think about the truck??? and she replies...I LOVE IT!...i'm like...really??? so i do and say everything to ask, are you sure??? i even look at her husband, to which he replies, this is her deal, not mine. so i keep asking and she keeps saying i want the truck, so i finally say, ok, if u are sure..and she says yes!  so now i have another 'bird to feed. think the first thing i will do is to call my buddy at the body shop and ask about some paint and body work.  just get her looking good again. so here are the few pics i have that she sent me until i can have a day to make some. enjoy!...i did.....:hick:

FROM THIS:...........

TO THIS!!!!

-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #1
Nice score.  I am thinking about picking up a TC again, only this time if I do, it will be an unmolested one.

Reply #2
I like it! Good trade.

Quote from: 1WLD BRD;296433
Nice score.  I am thinking about picking up a TC again, only this time if I do, it will be an unmolested one.

Til it get there...:hick:
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3
Great trade! Although I liked your Ranger too. You had it looking good. I really like that Sandlewood (it is Sandlewood, isn't it?) on your bird. It looks classy. You're going to love that car!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #4
Quote from: FLSTCI71;296452
  I really like that Sandlewood (it is Sandlewood, isn't it?)

-yeah, i believe it was(is) Sandlewood. faded pretty bad.  the Ranger really looks better than it was. needed alot of tlc...i didnt have  that much in it(really), other than the wheels.(which were prolly worth more than the truck.:hick:)

Reply #5
Just my suggestion...
Lose the turbo sticker
body color headlight buckets
swap to T5;)

Very nice for an older TC...I'd love to find something like that here
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #6
You totally got the good end of that deal.Take care of the car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #7
I wish I could get a deal like that on a TC......
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
great deal............congrats.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #10
Looks nice!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #11
Thumbs up, looks like you done good...

Reply #12
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;296512
Thumbs up, looks like you done good...

thanks all, but i have actually felt kinda bad, because, regardless of how the truck looks in the pic, it wasnt in that great of shape. so i emailedl the lady again today jussssst to be sure she wasnt upset or mad at me.  here is a couple of lines from her email.........."When we got home, there was oil blown all over the motor.  We think it's the pcv valve that may be stopped up.  My husband got the vents to working on high, and my dad says that the sensors may be bad.  We are going to take it at the first of the year to check the front end allignment, because the front tires are turned in and the tires are wearing on the outsides.  It's got a bad exhaust leak, too.  So, we have several things to work out, but I love it! "  so i really felt bad, but was glad she likes it so much, but i REALLY  did ask her many, many times if she was sure about the deal, and she always said yes, so i shouldnt feel bad, as i never lied or misrepresernted it in anyway, its just the car is so much darn better than the truck....:deal:

Reply #13
WANT! I love that color. Nice score.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #14
-has anyone noticed it has side gfx on it??? i thought someone would say something.  i havent looked at it that close yet, but there is no evidence of any front or rear skirts, only those on the sides....:confused: