Skip to main content
Topic: GT40 lower intake and water pipes...... (Read 703 times) previous topic - next topic

GT40 lower intake and water pipes......

O.K.,this will sound crazy....I need someone to give me a GT40 lower intake,and  the water pipes for the passenger side of that intake for a Fox car (like ours) to use until I get the engine installed,then,I'll send my GT40 lower and pipes as a replacement.I want to get the engine as complete and detailed as possible while still using my current engine so there's no real down time.IF anyone has these parts,I'm pretty trustworthy and won't scam you.I'll even pay the shipping to get it here,and the shipping to send mine off.By the way,mine is in excellent condition,no damage.

DISCLAIMER....I'm working as fast as my budget is permitting me,so this may take a few weeks or so before I can send mine to you.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Hey Vinnie,I got a cobra lower. No pipes though.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #3
Hey Kitz,is it in fine shape with the internal EGR?If so,will you loan it to me and I'll send mine to you when I install this engine (may be a month or so).I'll find pipes somewhere.Ebay,Corral,here....someone has some.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
I think I found the coolant pipes.So,the lower is what I need.

Kitz,if you're willing to part from your lower,I'll give you mine,with the coolant pipes when I'm finished.Plus I'll owe you one for later.

Reply #5
I got a lower also, If you need one right away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
What year is yours Jerry?Also,does it have a place to drill and tap for the ACT sensor?If Kitz's is a Cobra,like mine,it may already have the hole there above the #5 runner.

Reply #7
It's fine Vinnie, It was on my engine, I had another one that was ported when I put the cam in. I will find it and get you a pic today.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #8
Looks like kitz has you covered.. Let me know if there's something else you need. I may have it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
Kitz,if it's in good shape and has a place to drill and tap for the ACT....or already has that done,and has the internal EGR,then no pics are needed.

Jerry,thanks a lot,and the same goes right back at ya'.I'm still looking for the heads for cheap for you.I'm going hunting Saturday morning and see if any have shown up yet.

Reply #10
I got the coolant pipes coming to me.

Reply #11
This is what I have.

Reply #13
What's the difference in the cooling pipes between that and say a regular SO/HO coolant pipe setup?  I have a hunch that maybe the GT-40 ones have no provisions for EGR coolant lines.  Is this correct and if so any other difference?

I just used an HO one with my Trick Flow manifold.  Never owned a GT-40 manifold and never really paid too much attention to the coolant pipes on the ones I've seen through the years...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #14
Kitz,that's it !!! May I ???

Demon....,the pipes are the same.I just didn't have any spares.I have a set coming to me now.

Turbo....The intake you're getting looks like that,but no EGR hole in the middle.Other than that,identical.Much better than stock HO an SO intakes.