Skip to main content
Topic: SVO Capri (Read 6467 times) previous topic - next topic

SVO Capri

Reply #15
There was definitely no factory SVO Capri... However you got a good find no matter what to have all that SVO equipment installed in the car!

SVO Capri

Reply #16
FEP= Four Eyed Pride

January and your going to be having car shows... Lucky.
1986 Cougar LS

SVO Capri

Reply #17
The Silver Springs event is the largest on the East Coast....Over a month ago there were already more than 1200 cars registered. It's put on by NPD. Here's the flyer ink if anyone is interested-  http://www.npdlink.com/modules/Silver_Springs/images/SSFORD.pdf

OH YEAH!!!! A car show in January....Hell it is in FLORIDA! hahaha      Hope to see some of you there.
1985 Capri 75% SVO Mustang
2.3, T3, Ported lower, gutted, rotated, and extended upper intake, Ported head, Ported E6 exhaust manifold, 35# injectors, 65mm TB, 255lph Walbro, FMIC, Underdrive crank pulley, adjustable Racer Walsh cam gear, 24# of boost, full 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 40 series ler. SVO 3.73 Traction-Loc Disc brake rear, WC 5-speed, Hurst Shifter, Front coil-over conversion, Sub-frame connectors. 275-50R15 Nitto Drag Radials and Skinnies in the front. Still a work in progress.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SVO Capri

Reply #18
If anyone is interested I posted the link to the flyer for the Silver Springs Florida show in the events section.  What a better excuse togo to Florida in the cold of January...AND to see 1500-2000 hot and rare Fords and Mustangs.

Hope to see some of you there.
2.3, T3, Ported lower, gutted, rotated, and extended upper intake, Ported head, Ported E6 exhaust manifold, 35# injectors, 65mm TB, 255lph Walbro, FMIC, Underdrive crank pulley, adjustable Racer Walsh cam gear, 24# of boost, full 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 40 series ler. SVO 3.73 Traction-Loc Disc brake rear, WC 5-speed, Hurst Shifter, Front coil-over conversion, Sub-frame connectors. 275-50R15 Nitto Drag Radials and Skinnies in the front. Still a work in progress.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SVO Capri

Reply #19
nice car..
and the color combo, sweet.

SVO Capri

Reply #20
Quote from: SVO Capri;294992
86XR7project,
Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is FEP?

Sorry man, I forgot to clarify. FEP is as DVP stated Four Eyed Pride, they are into any and all RWD four eyed Fox chassis cars. They tend to be purists though so I warned you ;).

I think the car sounds pretty darn cool :hick:

that reminds me

Reply #21
a little of a conversion I did
on an 86 GT conv, I put an SVO nose and taillights
on it.
if the motor ever went on it, I was going to swap in
an SVO drivetrain. But as fate would have it, the 5.0s
last forever :) 
 and then I sold the car to a buddy.

SVO Capri

Reply #22
motorsport007 Thanks......That is a good looking ride also. Another one that looks so natural. I know Ford didn't make it cause the SVO was meant to be a road racer and there would be no way to stiffen the body enough to make it handle like it should, without going through major re-tooling.

I bought mine converted like it is, and have fun beating up on V-8s with it. When I bought it the motor was stock, but as you can see it is far from that now. lol I am not a fan of beating up on my Blue Oval Brotheren, but every once in a while you find some dumb people driving them.

In the mean time I'll have fun driving it, turning heads, and watching others scratching theirs. It's funny that the younger crowd asks "it looks like a Mustang but it's not, so what is it?" hahaha

SVO Capri

Reply #23
Quote from: motorsport007;295764
a little of a conversion I did
on an 86 GT conv, I put an SVO nose and taillights
on it.
if the motor ever went on it, I was going to swap in
an SVO drivetrain. But as fate would have it, the 5.0s
last forever :) 
 and then I sold the car to a buddy.

Nice car!

SVO Capri

Reply #24
Thanks

SVO Capri

Reply #25
Very nice ride! A buddy of mine is into the SVO's, he took me for a ride in one of the ones he has. That thing will fly!!

SVO Capri

Reply #26
1Bad88tbird-
SVOs are great stock......but are AWESOME built. Especially when they kick some V8s a$$.

SVO Capri

Reply #27
Haha yeah he's always telling me how he likes to embarace the V8s. I just tell him you just can't beat the sound of a V8. lol!!

SVO Capri

Reply #28
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;297298
Haha yeah he's always telling me how he likes to embarace the V8s. I just tell him you just can't beat the sound of a V8. lol!!

My 84 Coug Had a fully custom built dual exhaust and shorties. Was easily the best sounding 5.0 in town if not the best sounding V8 in town. I loved it.

I was not all that impressed with how my 2.3s sounded stock, but when I customized the exhaust and put the t3/t4 on my tbird that thing sounds mean as hell!

I still say I prefer my Cougar... probably only because she got crushed and I feel guilty. :/
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

SVO Capri

Reply #29
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;297298

:laughing: Dude, running mid-12s in my 4 cyl.....I'm not worrying what a V-8 "sounds" like!!! lol :burnout: